PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Must KILL VOICE COMMAND!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58088)

agentjonnyb 02-17-2009 04:28 PM

Must KILL VOICE COMMAND!!

Okay, I am getting so fed up with this, I disable (useless) voice command on my Touch Pro, but everytime the stupid button on my htc headset that came with it gets tapped, it re-enable VC, and has gotten me to make several calls I didn't want the stupid thing to make in the first place...

Any cabs, hacks or anything that can remove this confounded application?

I find that voice command stuff like what they use when you call customer service for something only understands me when I get so aggravated I start yelling at it...then I seem to have power over it...

agentjonnyb 02-17-2009 10:44 PM

Re: Must KILL VOICE COMMAND!!

This Is An Emergency, People!!

bkhoste 02-17-2009 10:54 PM

Did you try setting the button to <none>?

agentjonnyb 02-17-2009 11:45 PM

yes, I did. I need to completely wipe out the worthless app, or corrupt it so it can never be activated or something

ou2mame 02-17-2009 11:51 PM

i love voice command... "call _____ mobile" works everytime. i tend to actually lose my phone because of it. how are you hitting your headset button so much that its a problem? don't you have to like push it and hold it?

cannibalslug 02-18-2009 12:12 AM

I like it but have you tried unchecking all of the options, then password protecting it?

Jesus just tried it, that's a no go.

bkhoste 02-18-2009 12:13 AM

Did you try unchecking everything under VC and unchecking enable after you set the button to <none>?

chris5h 02-18-2009 12:35 AM

Launch File Explorer

Go to My Device>Windows>Start Menu

Delete the voice command shortcut.

Reboot your phone.

Hope that helps. I hate VC as well.

izzyforreal 02-18-2009 01:20 AM

[quote=agentjonnyb;718749]Okay, I am getting so fed up with this, I disable (useless) voice command on my Touch Pro, but everytime the stupid button on my htc headset that came with it gets tapped, it re-enable VC, and has gotten me to make several calls I didn't want the stupid thing to make in the first place...

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think Voice Command is one of the best features of the phone. I'm amazed it works as well as it does. On my Mogul I had to record a voice tag for people I called frequently, and 75% of the time it wouldn't recognize me when I'd repeat the name, but Voice Command recognizes every one of my contacts with NO tags. I love it.

agentjonnyb 02-18-2009 01:42 AM

Alrighty, here's what happens, I get in the car with the headset on, put my seatbelt on, start driving and as I breathe, randomly, the button get pushed between my jacket and the seatbelt, and my chest, cant see where the dumb thing is every second of the day, right? lol.

Anyway, yes I have unchecked everything, put in the password protect, etc, but its just been too freakin easy to hit the button on the headset randomly, which re-enables VC all over again. I'll give a shot at removing it from the start menu, but I have my doubts.

Thanks for your replies, people! Hopefully this issue will be over real soon!