PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cannibalslug is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug
Re: Must KILL VOICE COMMAND!!

well i seem to have deleted my voice command trying to figure this out so let me figure out what i did and ill post back

well as a quick summary since i lost the specific places id been i just went into phm regedit and deleted every folder by the name voice command. it took a few minutes to locate them all but i dont have a voice command icon in settings anymore and the talk key and headset button wont do anything. sorry i cant put the paths specifically but hey, i no longer have voice command

Last edited by cannibalslug; 02-18-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor

Nice, where can I find this regedit thing?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug

hit up the touch pro essentials thread. i know its listed there. id link it but im on my phone
Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

I think the real issue here is that you are driving and talking on the phone at the same time :P
Old 02-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

There's a button on the phone that activates voice command? I've never noticed. I use it only from my Bluetooth (far from useless, it's one of the most necessary features on my phone), and have never once accidentally activated it on the phone. Occasionally I brush the button on my headset, but then I just say "cancel" and I'm good to go.

What button activates it on the phone?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
There's a button on the phone that activates voice command? I've never noticed. I use it only from my Bluetooth (far from useless, it's one of the most necessary features on my phone), and have never once accidentally activated it on the phone. Occasionally I brush the button on my headset, but then I just say "cancel" and I'm good to go.

What button activates it on the phone?
If you hold the talk button it activates it I thought.

Give some
Old 02-18-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vouge and titan

robby37 is becoming a great contributor

[quote=izzyforreal;719936]
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentjonnyb View Post
Okay, I am getting so fed up with this, I disable (useless) voice command on my Touch Pro, but everytime the stupid button on my htc headset that came with it gets tapped, it re-enable VC, and has gotten me to make several calls I didn't want the stupid thing to make in the first place...

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think Voice Command is one of the best features of the phone. I'm amazed it works as well as it does. On my Mogul I had to record a voice tag for people I called frequently, and 75% of the time it wouldn't recognize me when I'd repeat the name, but Voice Command recognizes every one of my contacts with NO tags. I love it.
That is a useless post he doesn't care who likes it he wants to get rid of it and to the op if you ever reflash and need a new way go to your startup folder and find the target for the voicecommand file then delete it and also delete it out of your startup then set the button to none that should be a simpler less risky way.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

[quote=robby37;721824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post

That is a useless post he doesn't care who likes it he wants to get rid of it and to the op if you ever reflash and need a new way go to your startup folder and find the target for the voicecommand file then delete it and also delete it out of your startup then set the button to none that should be a simpler less risky way.
I went through a few motions (maybe not specifically the one you're talking about) but as a system file it can't be edited or removed in any sort of way from what i've tried, but to delete the regs still worked (any other type of disabling still left the button on the headset able to restart the .exe file itself). Maybe it's something i missed, what's the specific way you're speaking of?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Lurker

iamedelmann is a n00b

i have the same problem, i use the regular headset the phone came with and wear the wire under my shirt at work, when i pick stuff up like heavy boxes the button always gets pressed and it starts ringing. it drives me crazy! I have to drop the box, reach in my pocket, and try to end the call before its too late. i end up doing it every 2 seconds
Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
I think the real issue here is that you are driving and talking on the phone at the same time :P
Hahaha...dude, I only talk on the phone while driving using this headset = hands free = safe = legal. Wish more people would just do that these days, rather than texting while driving, headsets are so much nicer to talk and listen with anyway, even off the road. Idk why, but so many people I know look at me wierd when I suggest a like a a simple $8 headset, as if I'm suggesting something really difficult to do, when it's just a simple matter of putting it on their hear, and pluging it in the phone and they're all set to go...idk, people these days make no sense, right? lol...I'm straying off topic...

Anyway, yes I have disabled the send button as a VC button, as I said before, I disabled everything, but it still pops back on if the button on the headset gets pressed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro