PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Changing which email accounts show up in touchflo (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58070)

jgzesh 02-17-2009 02:04 PM

Changing which email accounts show up in touchflo

Calling all guru's of PPCgeeks.com. I have looked everywhere and no one seems to have anything on this problem. For the average person it is not a problem, for me it is. The problem is I have a fuze that I am trying to figure out how to select which email accounts show up in touchflo. I have more then the 4 that are able to be displayed there ](*,). Any help would be much appreciated.

CoryNat 02-17-2009 05:25 PM

Re: Changing which email accounts show up in touchflo

Does changing the name of the mail account effect what shows up? I know they appear in alphabetical order on my CDMA Pro. Are the first 4 the accounts that would alphabetically appear first?

shaun0207 02-17-2009 05:40 PM

I have 6 accounts setup and they all show. You just have to keep scrolling down .

markppc6700 02-17-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 718934)
I have 6 accounts setup and they all show. You just have to keep scrolling down .

or touch the envelope icons on the right hand side? i have 4 accounts and i have 5 envelope icons on the side. 1 is picture mail and the rest are my email accounts

jgzesh 02-17-2009 08:23 PM

here is the scenario. i have the FUZE. not sure if the other versions make a diffrence. on it the email is setup with a envelope that shows the preview. on the right side there is the compose button at the top. then there is in order outlook button followed by 2 gmail accounts co and cy are the first letters in the names then a hotmail account that starts with g. after that i have a yahoo account and another gmail account that i can't scroll to (maybe i am doing it wrong). the outlook account is useless to me. I don't have outlook setup for anything right now other then contacts management. If someone can explain to me how to "scroll" to the other accounts or even rearrange them so the ones that i want to see are there. that is what i am asking for.

phattooth 02-17-2009 08:41 PM

you can scroll to those lower accounts by using the down arrow on the d-pad.

EDIT: or if you want lesser used accounts to be the ones that show "off screen" just name them starting with a "z".

richjolliff 02-17-2009 09:05 PM

I have been trying to get Touch to open Outlook. it always opens Sprint picture mail. I have searched but have found nothing.

jgzesh 02-17-2009 10:27 PM

Phattooth, that worked. Still would like a way to rearrange how the accounts show up in tf3d. but this will work for now. as far as outlook. Can't help you there richjolliff.

phattooth 02-17-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgzesh (Post 719602)
Phattooth, that worked. Still would like a way to rearrange how the accounts show up in tf3d. but this will work for now. as far as outlook. Can't help you there richjolliff.

Fantastic, glad to help!

As far as the account order... I'm pretty sure you cannot rename an account after it is made, so what you'll have to do is delete the 2 accounts you want to be "off screen".
Let's say your account order looks like this:

What you have: What you want:
-1 ............................ -3
-2 ............................ -4
-3 ............................ -5
-4 ............................ -6
-5 ............................ -1
-6 ............................ -2

Simply delete account "1" & "2" and rename to "z1" & "z2".

Does that make sense?

jgzesh 02-19-2009 12:49 PM

yeah it makes sence. the only problem is that it will only affect 3 of the accounts that show up. The outlook one can't be modified.:( guess i will hope that the programers wake up and realize that you should be able to select the accounts that show up in TF3D's settings rather then just assuming the first 3 in alphabetical order and making outlook the default first account in the list.