PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 12:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kphillips is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question on Refurb Phones?

I am experiencing issues with my Pro. It keeps freezing and powering off. i called Sprint and had a phone shipped to me. Once I got the phone I noticed that the phone was a refurbished phone. The built date is 11/28/08. I am curious as to should I keep the refurb. or sned it back for a new one. The phone that I had has a built date of 01/19/09.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work
Re: Question on Refurb Phones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphillips View Post
I am experiencing issues with my Pro. It keeps freezing and powering off. i called Sprint and had a phone shipped to me. Once I got the phone I noticed that the phone was a refurbished phone. The built date is 11/28/08. I am curious as to should I keep the refurb. or sned it back for a new one. The phone that I had has a built date of 01/19/09.
since is was a replacemet phone if they have referb phones available thats what they will send out. the obnly way to get a "NEW" is if they run out a referbs. you best bet is to just keep that phone .. try to test it as much as possible with in the first 14 days so if there is somthing wrong with it i can be replaced. hope that answers your question!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kphillips is a n00b

I went through the activation process and for some reason it keeps defaulting to someone else's number. That is what I am conecrned about now.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chowder25 is becoming a great contributor

it sux that you pay hundreds of dollars for a new item and in turn they give you some scrounged up phone in return... I say screw that. i would want a new item in exchange. If that was the case, we should be able to pay refurbed prices from the get go.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

chowder I agree with you 100%! Why would I want a referb when I spent all that money for a new one..I had it happen on a old phone and they ended up giving me a new one.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphillips View Post
I went through the activation process and for some reason it keeps defaulting to someone else's number. That is what I am conecrned about now.
you should call the carrier to manually program the phone they will give you the 6 digit unlock code and the MSID .. all you will need to do is ##"6digitnumber"# select edit put in your telophone number in the MDN field then the MSID in the MSID field and click on ok it will reset andf your correct number will be programed to the phone. ... the automated system for activation is prob set to the last user of the phone.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

you cant just manually program the TP with sprint it wont work it messes up the data connection manually program then click update profile under settings ----personal (i think it is) that should fix it
Old 02-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
you cant just manually program the TP with sprint it wont work it messes up the data connection manually program then click update profile under settings ----personal (i think it is) that should fix it
sorry i forgot to mention the profile update lol (to used to the auto program with this phone as the mogul had to be manually programed)
Old 02-17-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Are you sure Sprint has the correct ESN on your account? Verify they do, and if the problem persists, do a ##786# reset. That will do a hard reset as well as reset the mdn/msid in the phone.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

unfortunately, sprint sends refurbs as replacements now. i find it strange that a customer that already has a pro gets a refurb while people with broken 6700 and 6800s get new tps as replacements. not hating but i think if a person with a broken 6700 got a refurbed tp as a replacement they would be happy as hell. but if you get a refurb and want a new one, call *2 and tell them the refurb is unacceptable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro