PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Moderators Closing Threads

There are some great responses in this thread (e.g., post #8, etc.).

But here's the bottom line:

Threads: 53,265, Posts: 694,183, Members: 213,812, Active Members: 35,862

So there is a good chance that somewhere in this forum someone (and probably more than one member) has had the same issue/problem with their phone that you're having.

That's why we really focus on using the search function. It might not be the greatest but it's the first place you should start if you don't have the time to read through a few pages of threads.

There are no shortcuts to learning about your phone...the best advice out there is to read, read, read, search, search, play with phone, drink beer, read, search, search, play with phone, hard reset phone, drink beer, read, read, search, serach, search...well, you get the point.

Also don't forget about the private messaging function. If you feel a thread was unjustly closed due to the issue being very unique, etc., then pm the mod who closed it or another mod and ask them (nicely) to open back up.

I think most of you who know me will tell you that I'm pretty fair and will always listen to constructive criticism, etc.

late,
Coz

Last edited by CozBoogie; 02-19-2009 at 03:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisaroz View Post
The fact is that the search function on forums suck. It's nearly impossible to find anything you need. Limited to more than X number of charaters (can't search "GPS" "Windows 7") and the results are cryptic meaning you have to go through 5 pages of search returns.

I agree that searching is the first thing you should do, but if you can't find what you need what are you supposed to do? And if a mod closes a thread because it's a dupe, they obviously know where the other thread is so is it really too much to ask for them to post a quick link?
That is because too many post and do not search, so it really full of garbage
Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

You can indeed search on GPS. For shorter terms use an asterisk (*). For example, to search on "touch hd" your search would be "touch hd*".

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you use google, make sure to type +ppcgeeks to bring up more of the responses from this site.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
If you use google, make sure to type +ppcgeeks to bring up more of the responses from this site.
We have a google search built in to the search tab that automatically does just that.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
We have a google search built in to the search tab that automatically does just that.
Ha! I've never looked closely at the search bar, always thought it just said "Powered by google" but didn't know there was actually a 2nd search box.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Ha! I've never looked closely at the search bar, always thought it just said "Powered by google" but didn't know there was actually a 2nd search box.
same here thought that the "search" it was doing was done by google. will be using that a bit more now.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:49 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
And most of the Mods here do give you a link to the original thread. If not a member usually chimes in and gives the link before the thread is closed.
Agreed. 98% of the time a member will chime in before a mod will post the link to the thread because most of us have read it on the site and can quickly find it based on search terms.

I generally do not have an issue with searching on here when I need to. The 5% chance that I can't find something quickly when using the native searching, I google it.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:14 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Agreed. 98% of the time a member will chime in before a mod will post the link to the thread because most of us have read it on the site and can quickly find it based on search terms.

I generally do not have an issue with searching on here when I need to. The 5% chance that I can't find something quickly when using the native searching, I google it.
I have been Googling more because most of what I need is covered reaptedly. We also have to remember we were once NOOBS and didnt think before starting a new thread as well. I know I did. Most of the time now, once I find and answeer I ask a MOd gto closd the thread or go back and try to edit and clean the thread up so it can be more helpful to other memebers

Old 02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
I have been Googling more because most of what I need is covered reaptedly. We also have to remember we were once NOOBS and didnt think before starting a new thread as well. I know I did. Most of the time now, once I find and answeer I ask a MOd gto closd the thread or go back and try to edit and clean the thread up so it can be more helpful to other memebers
Definitely agree!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro