PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installing a bunch of cabs.

So.. ive been accumulating quite a lot of cabs which i have to reinstall after flashing, is there a way to install all cabs in a specific order?? and how can i incorporate some of the registry tweaks after the cab installs are done?
Old 02-14-2009, 01:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Installing a bunch of cabs.

Well depending on which ROM your flashing, some offer UC(User Customization). What is UC? It is a feature contained in UC capable ROMs. A UC capable ROM extends initial customization to your SD card so you can load cabs and install XML files that are located there too. What this means is that once you get your customization scripts right, you can flash any UC capable ROM and all your apps and settings will be restored as part of the initial customization process whenever your SD card is inserted in the slot.

To find out more about UC go here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366337
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness
Threadstarter

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

trying it now...
Old 02-14-2009, 01:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good luck. Let me know if you need any help. Also keep in mind that if you have any cabs that require user input, you need to group those cabs together. Here is how to do that.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=19

Last edited by kyle4269; 02-14-2009 at 01:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, if you wanna go a lot easier route, I would say go with SASHAMI. I was confused at a point of time between which option to choose as well. Then picked SASHAMI mainly because of 2 reasons: 1) its a lot easier to use. All you do is put all the cab files in one folder and click on auto install 2) Unlike UC, you can use it anytime you want not just when you flash a UC compactible ROM.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:47 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I use sashimi too, it installs in alphabetical order so you can just rename the cabs to 01, 02, ect.. install regs with the cab or after the cabs are all done.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work

I found this to be the easiest solution:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20753

Also offers decent customization:
* Install multiple cabs in alphabetical order
* Copy files
* Modify registry settings
* Run MortScript files

Easy peasy!

Last edited by signothefish; 02-14-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:22 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Sktool will let you select cabs from you SD and install them in the background....
Old 02-22-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
Well, if you wanna go a lot easier route, I would say go with SASHAMI. I was confused at a point of time between which option to choose as well. Then picked SASHAMI mainly because of 2 reasons: 1) its a lot easier to use. All you do is put all the cab files in one folder and click on auto install 2) Unlike UC, you can use it anytime you want not just when you flash a UC compactible ROM.
Ok, I have Sashimi 7.9. I really confused on how this works. I have put some .cab files in a folder called of course cab. There are some options for backing up. Do I do a backup are is there some other way to get it to load my apps back. I want to hard reset my phone to clear some clutter, but I took me five hours to get everything back last time. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:49 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

sashimi can be as easy or hard as you make it.. althought backing up is a more advanced task. I would recommend reading the manual and watching some how-to videos.
my little tip; when I find a new reg tweak, after changing it, I export it to the sashimi folder so it get installed everytime.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro