PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

wdaniels2007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New Touch Pro ROM 2-16-09

Has anyone been able to download the new ROM for the Touch Pro that came out I believe yesterday on HTC.com? If so, can someone tell what steps I needs to complete to back up my device and download the new ROM? I have ceregeditor and spb backup. I'm assuming I will need to perform a reg and system backup because the new ROM will erase everything. I just need to know how to backup and restore my device to its present state the easiest way.

BTW, I keep getting a message that the system isn't available on HTC to download it, anyone else notice this? I tried yesterday and today so far.

Thanks for any input
Old 02-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: New Touch Pro ROM 2-16-09

omg people stop posting this!!! its only for gsm phones and probably not even the fuze.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Where do you get the idea everyone is posting this? Just because you saw it before doesn't mean everyone else did. I didn't see it posted so I just asked a simple question, isn't that what the forums are for?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

calm down people... I know it can get annoying... but let's be at our best behaviour here.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I agree and it really silly, but I see lots of guys do that to people who post stuff up here and it isn't very nice so I decided to say something about it. If you don't have anything nice to say then you shouldn't comment..Thanks k000
Old 02-17-2009, 09:52 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Helpful hint. Be sure to pick your region (US) and your specific device (not HTC Touch Pro, but Sprint Touch Pro) on the HTC site. You will then get to the section where, if ever, a new ROM will appear. HTC makes about 20 different "Touch Pro" versions. This is the update for the GSM world-wide version, not the CDMA Sprint version.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Schettj,

Thanks for that info..There are so many versions it gets confusing. Appreciate the input
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work

How about a sticky or official thread on this? I've seen it posted 5-6 times yesterday.

that being said, is there any application upgrades from HTC we could use on CDMA? htc volume, htc album, audiobooster?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isriam View Post
How about a sticky or official thread on this? I've seen it posted 5-6 times yesterday.

that being said, is there any application upgrades from HTC we could use on CDMA? htc volume, htc album, audiobooster?
I think alot of the updated applications were taken from the leaked Diamond ROM and are being used in custom ROMS for our devices.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro