PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
S2U2 Manilla 3d weather problems

I have posted problems using weather with my S2U2 in another thread, but I think using another plugin just complicated things, so I want to use TF3D.
From my knowledge, and correct me if i'm wrong, manilla 3d should display the weather from TF3D. However, mine doesnt. I have it set to display weather from manilla 3d, and no icons show up in S2U2 lock screen. I have also tried SPB weather, but that doesnt work either. The only thing that works is Mort script thing, which is buggy and I do not quite like it. Why does manilla 3d not show my TF3D weather?

I have an ATT Fuze using Naft's ROM (from XDA).

thanks...
Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 AM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: S2U2 Manilla 3d weather problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
I have posted problems using weather with my S2U2 in another thread, but I think using another plugin just complicated things, so I want to use TF3D.
From my knowledge, and correct me if i'm wrong, manilla 3d should display the weather from TF3D. However, mine doesnt. I have it set to display weather from manilla 3d, and no icons show up in S2U2 lock screen. I have also tried SPB weather, but that doesnt work either. The only thing that works is Mort script thing, which is buggy and I do not quite like it. Why does manilla 3d not show my TF3D weather?

I have an ATT Fuze using Naft's ROM (from XDA).

thanks...
in the S2US make sure that your weather settings is all the way on the last option i believe it is option 7, then save, and reset your phone.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

^^ That doesn't work...
I'm having the same problem, although I just started using S2U2 so i don't know much about it.

XGM541, What ROM are you using? I have mightys 4.9
Old 01-28-2009, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

What version are you all using? S2U2 is at 1.42 now and it is confirmed to work with the TP. I use it with no problems.

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robp23 View Post
What version are you all using? S2U2 is at 1.42 now and it is confirmed to work with the TP. I use it with no problems.
I have the latest version

I think i know why mine isn't working...
It is because I am using the Weather database cab to install my city.
When I uninstalled the cab it work fine, now we just need someone smart to tell us how to fix it
Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am using latest version of S2U2, I tried uninstalling the weather database cab as well, not working. It is strange however that when i disable TF3D from the Today screen, weather shows.

I believe that this is a remote problem affecting only SOME versions of TF3D but maybe a fix is available.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

anyone?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

bumpity

Old 02-17-2009, 07:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP
Carrier: Sprint

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

I know that the weather database .cab will not work with S2U2, I believe it is the regedit points to an alternate weather server that S2U2 is not accessing so the weather is not showing up in S2U2. I don't know enough about S2U2 to also have it look at the alternate weather server. Here is the post explaining the alternate weather server so that we don't have to modify the manila.exe. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=128
Old 02-17-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I didnt modify the weather database. I totally gave up on the solution to my problem, i believe it is a ROM specific one. The TF3D version that my ROM came with wasnt being recognized properly by S2U2. I switched to a different ROM, and it works perfectly. Also I noticed it doesnt work with the Fuzeberry mod/tweak/skin/whatever for TF3D

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro