PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Why Do You Do This To Me Htc!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57988)

afx 02-16-2009 09:46 PM

Why Do You Do This To Me Htc!!

I have a nasty habit of lusting over the latest and greatest (tech wise, im cool with my wife :lol:)

So when I got my TP I thought ide be cool since the HD wasnt coming stateside, now I see this new fangled touch pro 2!!

WHY HTC WHY!!

hibby50 02-16-2009 09:47 PM

Re: Why Do You Do This To Me Htc!!

Not CDMA, and not a big upgrade. No biggie

afx 02-16-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 716994)

I figure it would only hit ATT but you KNOW they will try and get it to CDMA and the big upgrade for me is the screen size.

hibby50 02-16-2009 09:51 PM

Bigger screen= less dpad, more power consumption, and bigger phone

darren.wlsn1 02-16-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 716994)

+1 im so sick of the pro2 and its not even out yet. hibby, just saw your sig lol. ill pm you on that issue.

Scoob 02-16-2009 09:54 PM

I just got my TP in November so I'm not up for an upgrade anytime soon....

I'm looking forward to people ripping out any good programs/upgrades and making it available for us poor TP slobs!

p-slim 02-16-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afx (Post 716991)
I have a nasty habit of lusting over the latest and greatest (tech wise, im cool with my wife :lol:)

So when I got my TP I thought ide be cool since the HD wasnt coming stateside, now I see this new fangled touch pro 2!!

WHY HTC WHY!!

Software wise its going to be the same, I'm pretty sure if winmo and sprint don't give us an official update, our ppcgeeks will get the software on our tp's. the real difference is the fact that the tp2 tilts and has a 3.6" screen. The downside is that its going back to qvga, so there's good and bad. Personally I don't think I'll upgrade to that because i've grown accustomed to this beautifully looking screen, especially when viewing pics and facebook. Also that keyboard doesn't look as good as this one plus I don't see a directional pad, thats how they get the screen so big. I know our directional pad doesn't work that good, but its better then nothing.

WorldWide 02-16-2009 09:56 PM

Yeah i'm actually not excited about this phone. Im almost 90% sure I
'm gon step out the box and try the Pre.

fishpony 02-16-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 717008)
Software wise its going to be the same, I'm pretty sure if winmo and sprint don't give us an official update, our ppcgeeks will get the software on our tp's. the real difference is the fact that the tp2 tilts and has a 3.6" screen. The downside is that its going back to qvga, so there's good and bad. Personally I don't think I'll upgrade to that because i've grown accustomed to this beautifully looking screen, especially when viewing pics and facebook. Also that keyboard doesn't look as good as this one plus I don't see a directional pad, thats how they get the screen so big. I know our directional pad doesn't work that good, but its better then nothing.

Display3.6-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 X 800 WVGA resolution
Adjustable tilt screen

It's WVGA not QVGA. HUGE difference

darren.wlsn1 02-16-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worldwide (Post 717009)
Yeah i'm actually not excited about this phone. Im almost 90% sure I
'm gon step out the box and try the Pre.

- 1 for the pre.