PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Multitouch

I came across a write up for multitouch on the G1 and was wondering if this can help us.

http://groups.google.com/group/andro...9fdf7367?pli=1
Old 02-18-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good workTProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good work
Re: Multitouch

The TouchPro is a resistive touch screen, and therefore cannot accept more than one touch screen input at a time.

The G1 (and the iPhone) is a capacitive touch screen which allows multiple touch inputs at the same time. This also allows for a brighter screen, but at the expensive of being able to use a regular stylus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen

The only part of the TP that can accept multiple touches would be the bottom area underneath the screen because those buttons at the bottom are in fact a capacitive touch entry area, Unfortunately, I don't see that area being very effective for multi touch zooming as we already have the touch sensitive zoom wheel which does the same thing.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

well i dont know...you ever try out a rom with one of the 211xx builds? its not functional (yet) but.. try putting one finger on the tf3d scroll bar at the bottom and keep it there, then take your other finger and swipe left to right across a different part of the screen. the bottom tf3d bar moves to your second finger's movements.

so i think it might be coming.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff

By golly that worked. Never knew that.. interesting. Then I wasn't seeing things when my son was holding it with his thumb on the bar and then sliding back and forth in the middle of the screen. When I stop scrolling it snaps back to the item my thumb is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
well i dont know...you ever try out a rom with one of the 211xx builds? its not functional (yet) but.. try putting one finger on the tf3d scroll bar at the bottom and keep it there, then take your other finger and swipe left to right across a different part of the screen. the bottom tf3d bar moves to your second finger's movements.

so i think it might be coming.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

it also seems the newer the builds the more accurate it becomes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

littlefreak is just getting started

It is possible to simulate multitouch with a single touch screen. The thing is only one finger can be in motion at a time so for pinching if you plant your thumb and drag your pointer closer to it. It is possible to write code to pics up on this action tho its realy messy and will read the wrong guestures alot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro