PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
!!!!!!!! Arcsoft Working 100% on STOCK TP ROM - EVEN IF SPRINT MMS WAS INSTALLED!!!

Ok,

This breakthrough definitley deserves the flashy title...

I have a Sprint Touch Pro with the Stock ROM that DID HAVE sprint mms installed by default. No flashed Rom, ever….

I figured out what to do in order to get Arcsoft to Send and Receive and the pictures come in and display right on the device!!!!!!!! No new mail account will be created, as the mms messages are combined with your sms messages. When a picture is received, you will get a bubble with the contact's name, and picture. Just hit VIEW, and you are instantly taken to the media that was sent - it is already downloaded to your device!

In a nutshell, if you have a Sprint Stock ROM that came with Sprint Picturemail installed, then Arcsoft will NEVER run properly because the conflicting sprintmms files are not able to be uninstalled....Untill NOW!

My theory was correct.... Here's what you do...

a) This is the new step that I figured out. You must SCRUB your TP clean of any sprintmms stuff. Obviously uninstall any sprint mms cabs that you have installed.

Now, to clean the stuff that was there from the ROM install you must look at the text file I have attached.... that's everything that the sprintmms cab installs. Go through that and delete all of the files that I listed. If the file doesn’t show up in your search, then it has already been removed…that’s fine as well…

After that, soft reset.

b) Install Arcsoft 5.0.69.44 here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DQEKP22D

c) Go to HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\EnableServerEdit in the registry and change it from a 0 to a 1.

d) Go into text messaging on your phone, click on MENU then Pics/Video options and click on SPRINT under the servers tab (you can now edit this because of the new reg edit you did above). change the server to http://63.215.195.152/servlets/mms. Also, change the CONNECT VIA option from INTERNET to SPRINT. Now, perform a soft-reset.

e) That's it.... it now works....on a stock rom, with sprint mms having been previously installed.

f) Don't forget that there are a ton of new mms sound notification events under sounds on your phone settings.... the one that is triggered by an incoming MMS is called MMS DOWNLOADED, just FYI

g) When a new message is received a note pops on the screen with the contact’s face, then you hit view.... it's flawless!!!!!

h) To make the attached pic size (send and receive) larger, see the attached Cab files (thanks gatolsf!). One will automatically tweak the registry to allow 2mb send and receive limits, the other will allow 5mb send and receive limits (They are labeled accordingly).

Please test this, and get back.... I know it works... I am not a code/programmer at all so i am extra happy that my hard work paid off!

Here is a screen shot of what instantly pops up on your screen after hitting "view" on the pop up that says you have a new picmail....

Later,

Matt!

Last edited by KillerQ; 02-21-2009 at 12:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 33 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: !!!!!!!! Arcsoft Working 100% on STOCK TP ROM - EVEN IF SPRINT MMS WAS INSTALLED

So when you do this....when a picture message comes in, do you get the actual pic on your phone, or do you get a link that sends you to the picmail site?

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:05 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: !!!!!!!! Arcsoft Working 100% on STOCK TP ROM - EVEN IF SPRINT MMS WAS INSTALLED

Can you take some screen shots of what an incoming pic looks like? I tried that version and it was unstable so Im hesitant to try this again. I have an older version that works now along with sprint pic mail. And does the send voicemail option work also?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
So when you do this....when a picture message comes in, do you get the actual pic on your phone, or do you get a link that sends you to the picmail site?

-s

Slypher -

Yea, that the the whole point, and driving force behind wanted to figure this out over the past several months... It works just like 'regular' phone pic mail. It will download quietly to your phone (an icon actually pops up showing that it is downloading) then when it's done a bubble pops up with the contact's face (if you have one) and you click on view - then it opens full screen in the app....instantly. It's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Can you take some screen shots of what an incoming pic looks like? I tried that version and it was unstable so Im hesitant to try this again. I have an older version that works now along with sprint pic mail. And does the send voicemail option work also?
W7,

Are you on a flashed rom, or are you using arcsoft 3.x? I can post pics when I have time....but here is one example from someone else....mine was the same:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=23

(note, when I sent myself a pic from the sprint.com pic mail option on my account, it showed like the above link, and it has a play button - when I send pics from my phone, they simply show up as a picture. You do not need to hit that play button, however, you will see the image regardless)

Later,

Matt!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Yes Im using the stock rom with arc mms version 3.06.22. Does video mail work? Are there sending limit problems still?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post

-s
Are yall using a Touch/Touch Pro? Because with the sprint picturmail they released the pictures show up right on your phone,no more going to the picmail site. IT will send/receive video as well. So im just wondering what does this Arcsoft offer that the picturemail sprint released doesnt?????
Old 02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

That be a mighty long list....I will wait till I get home before I tackle this one...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 02-16-2009, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

msvakos4589 is just getting started

Thanks for the insight. . i've been waiting for someone to get a fix out on this. With the attached file, do you have to delete every entry listed. Can you use the search function on a TP to find all the files? Please advise. thanks.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Almost a VIP

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Are yall using a Touch/Touch Pro? Because with the sprint picturmail they released the pictures show up right on your phone,no more going to the picmail site. IT will send/receive video as well. So im just wondering what does this Arcsoft offer that the picturemail sprint released doesnt?????

it's much faster, and it's also integrated with the default SMS app on the phone without having to wait for the picture mail program to open.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvakos4589 View Post
Thanks for the insight. . i've been waiting for someone to get a fix out on this. With the attached file, do you have to delete every entry listed. Can you use the search function on a TP to find all the files? Please advise. thanks.
Yes,

You should be able to search with the stock file manager. However, I used Resco Explorer. Search for each entry, and if it is there, delete it. This is for files.

You will then need a registry editor to delete the several registry entries that are in the list. You can use TOTAL COMMANDER to locate, and delete those. Google TOTAL COMMANDER and you can get it that way...

I just updated the attachment to make it easier to read.

Later,

Matt!

Last edited by KillerQ; 02-16-2009 at 02:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro