PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   SMS/Text Messages Type SLOW (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57823)

Playaplaya1132 02-15-2009 10:27 PM

SMS/Text Messages Type SLOW

I'm not the world's faster typer but my touch pro cannot keep up with me typing at all. I'm using Mighty Mikes ROM. Any settings to speed up performance of texting?

ryallchild 02-15-2009 10:36 PM

Re: SMS/Text Messages Type SLOW

you can turn off t9 hit fn then the space bar and choose abc, theres also a reg edit to get rid of t9 alltogether on the site somwhere.

ieatpaint 02-15-2009 10:41 PM

I dont think any custom rom I've tried has had fast texting. I had to go back to the stocker with tweaks.

Russellhi 02-15-2009 10:56 PM

I've tried a few myself and had this problem.. juicy 4.7 was pretty fast.

I ended up going with mighty mikes rom because of no2chem's fast charge and battery monitor.. if I could get those set up with juicy's rom I'd be in good shape.

nerdtalker 02-16-2009 12:47 AM

All of the ROMs still haven't fixed this issue. It is slowly driving me nuts; I do around 14,000 texts a month between my co-workers, girlfriend, family, google, facebook, e.t.c. and the slow text composing problem is seriously wearing my nerves down.

Before all of you tell me to disable T9, yes, it is disabled. Yes, I've run the xt9-disable .cab file, yes, I clear "my words" and have it turned off on every virtual keyboard, in the input settings, e.t.c. Trust me, I've already done it. What's that? I missed something somewhere? NO. Trust me, I already have disabled it eight ways-to-Tuesday.

I love my Touch Pro. I loved the HTC phones I've had before it, but this is absolutely inexcusable. I have no idea what the problem is with composing a simple SMS, but the keyboard and input are literally so slow that I generally wait an eternity after I stop typing for the input to catch up to me. What the heck is going on with this 600-whatever MHz device that it can't even keep up with my typing? Honestly. Why is this not a bigger issue? Does anybody else even text? Wasn't the whole point of the Touch Pro to have a keyboard?

Out-of-box this was an issue. Months later, it is _still_ an issue. There isn't any fix. Someone out there somewhere, please strip out every last trace of the custom HTC keyboard crap. All of it. Give me the default, crappy-looking, windows mobile soft keyboard and the default auto-correct. Please. I will seriously donate $50, $100, whatever, to anyone who can finally figure this out. I've tried, and I've given up.

hsanchez 02-16-2009 01:00 AM

Do you happen to have a battery meter installed at all?

Playaplaya1132 02-16-2009 01:03 AM

I've done the same as nerdtalker. Everything is disabled and I've been modding HTC phones for 2 years now. PPCGeeks has helped so much over the years I've really never had to post but this issue just hasn't been talked about and I cannot figure out why. Are most people happy with their texting speeds? My Apache texted quicker than this thing and has a fraction of the ram. Any ideas how to speed up the texting. Only way it can keep up is if i use the on screen keyboard but that's just because I'm retarded and can't use it for ****. I didn't get a diamond I got a Touch Pro.... FOR THE KEYBOARD lol someone please help!

Playaplaya1132 02-16-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsanchez (Post 715050)
Do you happen to have a battery meter installed at all?

By this do you mean icon set? I have tsowentaskbar5v1.7 installed the battery meter is only for increments of 10%.

hsanchez 02-16-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playaplaya1132 (Post 715057)
By this do you mean icon set? I have tsowentaskbar5v1.7 installed the battery meter is only for increments of 10%.

Well the reason I ask is because on mighty's rom, I had a battery meter installed, and for some reason it brought my texting to a crawl. I hard reset 3 times and everytime I installed it, I got the real bad lag.

I hard reset one last time, and did not install it and problem solved.

It has been mentioned here on the boards somewhere that the battery meters can cause the lag. not sure y though.

Playaplaya1132 02-16-2009 01:15 AM

I run Mighty Mikes Rom, tsowentaskbar5v1.7, the Mario theme from http://mobisapienz.com/index.php?opt...tegory&catid=9 Bongsu3's themes, Wifi-G registry edit, and some smaller tweaks from "advanced config" and "diamond TF3D config". Not sure what could be causing the lag, I do notice the turn from landscape to potrait and visa-versa lags from time to time but that's to be expected in any device. Along with that I notice small amounts of lag periodically when navigating the touch flo today screen. But the SMS issue is constant and always there so it leaves me to believe it can be corrected with a little troubleshooting. Open to ideas :)