PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SMS/Text Messages Type SLOW

I have to agree. I followed everything in this thread and still have a massive lag problem. I never leave more than one task open. It is my one and only complaint with this device actually. Otherwise, I'd consider it a near-perfect device.

Perhaps I will try a plain ROM with no XT9. I have disabled it, cleared my words, upped the delays settings via registry, etc. etc. but it still is a massive problem for me, as I text more than anything on this device.

So yes I agree. Its been months with no fix. I have tried everything. It seems that people either are just not seeing it, or living with it.

These are the things in my Startup folder, if this helps anyone find what might be making it so slow:
-AEBPlus
-batti (I stopped using vistapanel which I liked better, I noticed no difference)
-GAlarm Reload
-poutlook (of course)
-Sensor Lock
-Voice Command

See any similarities those of you still suffering? Perhaps a mod could merge these two threads
Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

Playaplaya1132 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Playaplaya1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate View Post
My .cab worked then?
No, it didn't fix the issue. Not even after soft reseting and making sure the registry changes applied. Like someone else said, this only happens when SMS typing, not during MS word or Opera or any other program that uses text via keyboard. Not sure what else to do other than to switch roms. Not sure what else is stable other than Mighty Mikes though, seems to be the choice of most.
PPC-6700
Old 02-16-2009, 02:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am using Juicy 4.7 right now and I personally think the lag is much more tolerable on his ROM. I was using Mike's ROM up till a couple days ago and switched. I will use Juicys for awhile until something bigger and better comes out that beats his.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Visor Prism (old) -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO: 500 Fair and Flexible ($30/mo unlimited everything, 500 min)

nerdtalker is keeping up the good worknerdtalker is keeping up the good work

It works better with some ROMs than others, but it still is awfully slow. It simply is driving me insane.

Despite my best efforts, it seems to persist. A lot of people have tossed the usual "try this CAB" or "have you tweaked the registry" suggestions, which it sounds like a lot of us have already tried. The issue persists, and is confined solely to SMS composition.

A box of mine:
Old 02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work

just disabled my battery gauge (vista hide) and it's faster. but now i don't have a battery gauge. i'm running stock sprint with old school word correction and i run TouchPal
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 02-16-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My son is a texting monster, I have never seen anybody faster on a T9 phone keypad.

He had a TouchPro for exactly one month before telling me "I absolutely hate this POS, it's almost worthless for texting"

Last night, he called me & told me he sold the TP & went back to an enV 2 so he could get back to texting the way you're supposed to..............

~John
Old 02-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Playaplaya1132 is a n00b

So a little light in this tunnel of slow texting darkness. I have done all the .cabs and registry tweaks and am fairly keen on tweaking HTC phones. But this was new and I over looked it but in the Settings > Input area there is a button for OPTIONS.... Opened that unchecked everything in there. at least a 50% increase in speed, however still lags slightly it is way way way faster than before I'm sure after a soft reset it will be even better assuming their are T9 words cached somewhere. Just a thought for some to try and for those who have already done this we can still look for new ways to speed up the texting.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Visor Prism (old) -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO: 500 Fair and Flexible ($30/mo unlimited everything, 500 min)

nerdtalker is keeping up the good worknerdtalker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
My son is a texting monster, I have never seen anybody faster on a T9 phone keypad.

He had a TouchPro for exactly one month before telling me "I absolutely hate this POS, it's almost worthless for texting"

Last night, he called me & told me he sold the TP & went back to an enV 2 so he could get back to texting the way you're supposed to..............

~John
Sad thing is, I'm just like that. I'm serious when I say I do at least 14,000 a month, and my Touch Pro (despite being an amazing multimedia phone and a great flagship HTC product) drives me completely nuts when it comes to SMS.

It really isn't anything related to the keyboard itself, since it seems to be fine everywhere else. Just... that one screen.

I can't believe this isn't a bigger issue. Nobody discusses it, and the fixes (all of them, trust me, I've searched the forums) don't fix the issue. First person who strips out all of the XT9 seriously is going to be my personal hero.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Playaplaya1132 is a n00b

Useless bump, was simply a placebo though it's back to its slow ways.... It's only decently quick texting for the first hour or so after a soft reset. Someone needs to fix this!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playaplaya1132 View Post
Useless bump, was simply a placebo though it's back to its slow ways.... It's only decently quick texting for the first hour or so after a soft reset. Someone needs to fix this!!!
Try out the ROM Juicy 4.10 and see how texting is. I typed out 170 text messages and my 170 text message kept up with me pretty damn good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro