PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible way to use Arcosft even WITH sprint mms having been installed on stock ROM.

**EDIT**

Ok, I just backed up my phone with SPB backup. I am going to do a Hard reset on my Sprint Touch Pro. Since the base ROM does NOT have sprint picturemail on it yet, I am going to install the newest, working version of Arcsoft. This way I can at least try it one time when it actually works.

Now, I was thinking about backing up/exporting some of the arcsoft registry entries, and then Restoring my phone with the recent backup, and then overwriting the registry with the backjed up entries.

My thinking is that this will put the current phone (that DID have sprint pic mail on it) in the same state as the hard-reset version that worked...

Any ideas on the groups of keys that I shoudl export?

I will report back - that would be great if this worked - then we could share the reg entries with everyone...

later,

Matt!

Last edited by KillerQ; 02-14-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillerQ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Possible way to use Arcosft even WITH sprint mms having been installed on stock R

Seriously,

If someone who has a Sprint Stock ROM without Sprint MMS installed can isolate the exact reg entries, etc that the sprint mms installs, then we can just export the reg entries the way that they are prior to the install - and then overwrite the stockrom with the sprint mms installed (after uninstall of course) to have the TP act as if it was never installed.... Then Arcsoft shoudl work.

In theory, woudl this work? Or is there more to it than this?

Just trying to help,

Matt!

P.S. Does anyone else want this as bad as me, or am I crazy?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Possible way to use Arcosft even WITH sprint mms having been installed on stock R

You should just have to install the Picture Mail cab file you can download from Sprint Powerdeck. I have never had to do anything with my registry when it comes to Pic Mail.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
You should just have to install the Picture Mail cab file you can download from Sprint Powerdeck. I have never had to do anything with my registry when it comes to Pic Mail.

Madly,

I think you may have misunderstood. I am trying to get all traces of the Sprintmms app that comes pre-installed on the stock ROM. Untill this happens, Arcsoft cannot and will not work properly....

Later,

Matt!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Matt,

Still trying?

The SPB Backup method should work pretty well.

Report back and let us know.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok,

I have another idea... Attached to this post is the contents of the .xml file inside the official Sprint picturemail cab.

Using that info, and knowing where every single thing is installed to - can't we use this to delete everything to erase all traces of Sprint MMS from the TP - thus allowing Arcsoft to work....

Or something along these lines..... just UNDO what this thing DID...

Later,

Matt
Attached Files
File Type: txt _setup.txt (11.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

When I got my TP it did not have Sprint picmail installed.

I downloaded and installed the official cab, but when I attempted to send a pic it would ssay " device not supported raph800" and would not launch the program

I installed arcsoft OVER the sprint one, accidentally.

Then I simply removed the original sprint and arcsoft cab and re-installed the arcsoft cab

At that point I was able to send and recieve pic and vid mail as if everything is fine.

My phone does automatically connect to data when a picmail is recieved. Does the default sprint app do this?
Old 02-15-2009, 07:15 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

what arcsoft cab did you install? can you post it here, or just a link?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanhan View Post
When I got my TP it did not have Sprint picmail installed.

I downloaded and installed the official cab, but when I attempted to send a pic it would ssay " device not supported raph800" and would not launch the program

I installed arcsoft OVER the sprint one, accidentally.

Then I simply removed the original sprint and arcsoft cab and re-installed the arcsoft cab

At that point I was able to send and recieve pic and vid mail as if everything is fine.

My phone does automatically connect to data when a picmail is recieved. Does the default sprint app do this?

Ok,

Ok, it sounds like you are talking about having the stock Sprint ROm the whole time. Also, just to clairfy, you are now able to send AND receive with arcsoft....

WHich verison of Arcsoft are you using?

Ya know - I was hopeful for a second, but I bet that since your rom didn't have it installed int eh first place, when you uninstalled your version, it wiped it completely clean....

However, I am an optimist - so I hope you you are going to tell us that it was some rar, hidden version of arcosoft that you are using and none of us have tried...

Let us know!!

Thanks,

Matt!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro