PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Unplug the power adapter when not in use (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57798)

ymarker 02-15-2009 06:41 PM

Unplug the power adapter when not in use

After your phone has been charged do you keep the adapter plugged in? It used to be that if you left the bare adapter plugged in, it'd continue to draw (vampire) power. Anyone know if this is still the case in these (newer) phone adapters?

Yankees368 02-15-2009 06:53 PM

Re: Unplug the power adapter when not in use

Well it must be using some power all day (even with the phone not plugged in), as the little annoying white LED is always on. I unplug it now when its no being used.

Matt 02-15-2009 06:59 PM

Yes, it definitely does use a (small) amount of electricity even when not charging. Personally I don't unplug it, but I probably should :)

jeffyv 02-15-2009 07:49 PM

i think it messes it up if you leave it plugged in for days/weeks..its happen to me with another phone charger but maybe it was the model that just craped out on me...

gimme5 02-15-2009 07:52 PM

I have no intention of reaching under my bed to unplug it from the power strip every morning, so it's plugged in all the time :)

schettj 02-15-2009 08:36 PM

Mine's unplugged, but then I live in commie green Kalifornia, where electricity is 32 cents per kwh. So for me its worth about $5/mo to unplug it ;)

Kru83 02-15-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 714590)
Mine's unplugged, but then I live in commie green Kalifornia, where electricity is 32 cents per kwh. So for me its worth about $5/mo to unplug it ;)

Let the Commie Pain Go Brother !

Lol.

rangie 02-15-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 714590)

Just burn an old tire once a month to make up for it. We can't fall behind on our carbon emissions.

You don't want to cause an ice age or anything.

jsntrenkler 02-16-2009 02:37 AM

I leave mine plugged in, I too find the additional night light feature to be annoying as well.

BenC 02-16-2009 02:49 AM

Mine is plugged in from around 10P to 5A or so. After 5A or so, I kill the switch the charger is plugged in. I have no desire to give Al Gore anything to complain about.