PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gangload is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Replacement

My Touch Pro touch screen stoped working. I took it to a sprint store today and they told me they would be able to fox t and to come back in about 30 minutes and tehy would have it all ready to go.

Well after 30 minutes I returned... they handed me a touch pro and tried to act like it was the one I dropped off. This one was beat up really bad and had alot of cosmetic damage to it. The one I gave them was only 2 weeks old and in pristine condition.. I even put one of those full body invisible skins on it the day I got it.

Well I think he could tell by the look at my face that I was disapointed and he quickly offered to get me a new one.... I would just have to wait 3-5 days for it to arrive.

Question is .. should I have insisted that I get one right then? and when I get one in 3-5 days will it be a new one in box or another refurb?
Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker

ZELL22 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ZELL22
Re: Touch Pro Replacement

I hope you looked at them real stupid when they tried to catch you sleeping. I had to take mine in for service b/c my charging port would only charge from the usb charger, and not a car charger (weird). The replacemnet they sent was BRAND NEW IN THE BOX, with everything in it, so you may be good for a new one too. I've had mine since December.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If it is under 30 days and you are at the same store you bought the phone they should give you a new one on the spot. Unless they are all out then they will have to wait or order one.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gangload is a n00b

Well i have only had it for 2 weeks... brand new in the box... but i got it from an advance exchange wih a 6800.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:54 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

most likely it will be a refurb. Insisting on a different right then wouldnt have got you anywhere because they could have just told you that they didnt have any parts to fix yours and had to order it anyways. Although they tried to pull a fast one it really helped you out since the phone can be used without the touchscreen they can just order it if they want to.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gangload is a n00b

If i am within my 30 days would they normally replace it in store with a brand new one? even if it is one I got from an exchange from a broken 6800?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro