PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 02:13 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery from 100 to 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
It does stop charging at 100%, but it monitors the battery voltage. When the voltage drops a bit too low, it applies a low charge again, 5v and maybe 200-300 mah.

Oddly enough, it doesn't match the calculated discharge with additional charge. So while using the phone while it's plugged in, you're running off the battery, till it decides the charge dropped a little too low, then it adds some amperage as appropriate.

Also, that's a big part of the reason you'll see it say 100% battery, but then it will still take a while for the charge indicator to stop. It'll hit 4.2 volts at 900mah, so it "stops charging"... as soon as it does that, the voltage drops, so it adds a 400 mah charge again, and the voltage will continue to creep up a little bit.
Thank you that is some very good info. I really don't pay much attention to the percentages going up and down, just thought I would give my thoughts. It justs matters to me if it will go a day for me with my normal usage. And it does. Thanks again for the detailed info!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

yeah i know what you mean, i want my money's worth too!

Worth mentioning, i got the extended battery for my titan and WOW what a difference! I want to get one for the TP but the reviews are all over the place and seidio (where i got my titan battery) doesn't have an offering that is impressive yet. My titan was 3500! I think the TP batt is 27oo

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: N/a

Nimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on repNimdock is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It works just fine. It is just very hard to report precise values for the range 100%-90%.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro