PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery from 100 to 91%

I have MightyRom 4.10, pulled out my phone from the charger which read 100%, and in a matter of 15-20 seconds, I saw my battery meter go from 100% down to 95%...WOW!!!!, just by looking at the home screen and pressing nothing.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level

Try a battery calibration
leave phone on untill it dies then do a full charge see if that works!!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Dwilli03 is a n00b

Has there been any resolution to this issue?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwilli03 View Post
Has there been any resolution to this issue?
No there isn't. it is with the 1% drivers. I turn my phone on and it goes from 100% to 94% just turning it on.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles

I just received a brand new Touch Pro, and I too have this exact problem, and the only thing I've done to this phone (besides installing Apps), is unlock, it. I have various Apps installed, but I DO NOT have any %1 drivers installed.
Fresh 1.1 Rom
Old 03-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

well, to put things into perspective, when i do the same as OP, my battery is at 90% within a few mins. It's never really at 100% for long (especially with the screen on).

So, i don't know why people are freakin out.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It's just the battery driver and the way the battery percentage is reported...

The battery meter is just a voltage meter, nothing more.

100% charged is 4.2 volts... The battery will stay at 4.2 volts as long as the 5v from the charger is applied... naturally, when you remove the 5v charge, the battery voltage will drop some...

The voltage drops from its cutoff at 4.2v and this "decrease in the battery" is what you see when this happens. This is a normal phenomenon and the only real fix is to adjust how the voltages are translated into percentages... right now it's just a straight line correlation from 4.2v being 100% to uhh... 3.5v i think being dead? I'm not exactly sure what the low voltage cutoff is.

If we adjusted it to be a bit of a curve, where 4.12-4.2 volts would show as 100% when removed from the charger, you'd see it stay at 100% a little longer.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:07 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

I'm just guessing here and could be totally wrong but does it stop charging when it reaches 100%? That is what I am thinking is that it stops charging when it reaches 100% but still says 100% when plugged in however there is a little drain. Because if I plug it in overnight, wake up in the morning and it says 100%. Unplug it and plug it back in, symbol says charging again and it takes about 10-15 minutes to say 100%.

If I plug it in when I am at work and as soon as it hits 100%, I unplug it. Plug it back in and it says charging but only for about 5 seconds then it says 100%.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
I'm just guessing here and could be totally wrong but does it stop charging when it reaches 100%? That is what I am thinking is that it stops charging when it reaches 100% but still says 100% when plugged in however there is a little drain. Because if I plug it in overnight, wake up in the morning and it says 100%. Unplug it and plug it back in, symbol says charging again and it takes about 10-15 minutes to say 100%.

If I plug it in when I am at work and as soon as it hits 100%, I unplug it. Plug it back in and it says charging but only for about 5 seconds then it says 100%.
It does stop charging at 100%, but it monitors the battery voltage. When the voltage drops a bit too low, it applies a low charge again, 5v and maybe 200-300 mah.

Oddly enough, it doesn't match the calculated discharge with additional charge. So while using the phone while it's plugged in, you're running off the battery, till it decides the charge dropped a little too low, then it adds some amperage as appropriate.

Also, that's a big part of the reason you'll see it say 100% battery, but then it will still take a while for the charge indicator to stop. It'll hit 4.2 volts at 900mah, so it "stops charging"... as soon as it does that, the voltage drops, so it adds a 400 mah charge again, and the voltage will continue to creep up a little bit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Harveystyles is keeping up the good workHarveystyles is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Harveystyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
well, to put things into perspective, when i do the same as OP, my battery is at 90% within a few mins. It's never really at 100% for long (especially with the screen on).

So, i don't know why people are freakin out.

Maybe we're not really "freaking out", we're just making comparisons and trying to hopefully find a fix for this. While it isn't really a "big" deal, once you understand the situation. We did pay a lump for this thing, and would really like for it to work right. Ya know?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro