PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

level5music is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP n00b questions, searched, googled, no answers.

I got a Touch Pro to replace my godawful Mogul (for free! win!). I've had a rather hard time with it for a new phone. I've googled, and searched forums for the answers to these questions but to little avail. There's alot of static in the community, which is great for finding new things for these devices; however for specifics not so much.

My Touch Pro is on the stock Sprint ROM.

1 - GPS on Sprint Nav FREEZES my device, each time, every time. What the hell? This has happened over several hard resets. GPS 99% of the time will not lock. QuickGPS will not lock, and gives me a connection error. When it does lock, it will get stuck at cease following my location, each time, every time. Broken GPS chip?

2 - TF3D Config themes SLOW DOWN MY DEVICE. To nearly a crawl. I've tried 10+ themes, and they all slow the device down to varying degrees compared to the stock Sprint Theme. I've only tried the TF3D Config .theme files, not .cab ones. I've tried this with, and without DiamondTweak reccommended settings for TF3D

3 - Random Resets - I've had 2-3 occasions over the past week where the device hasn't been touched in an hour+, has nothing running, but will magically reset.

4 - Drop down to 1X. I had this problem with my Mogul, and it drove me BAT**** CRAZY! At work, it just drops to 1X, and I cannot regain EVDO without a soft reset. Ironically, my co-worker also has a TP, she sits about 8 ft from me, and never ever ever has this problem. Note that when I'm stuck in 1X, all data functions do not work.

Any answers to these questions? Please and thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: TP n00b questions, searched, googled, no answers.

wow.. sounds like you have a problem child on your hands.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:52 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Did you perform a hard reset when it came out of the box? I'd recommend doing that before you continue.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

ryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryallchild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to ryallchild

why not try a custom rom for shi#$ and giggles, may solve your problems and if not re-flash the stock rom re-lock and send her back
Old 02-15-2009, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro

Kru83 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Kru83 Send a message via MSN to Kru83 Send a message via Yahoo to Kru83

Murphy's Law
Old 02-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

level5music is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Did you perform a hard reset when it came out of the box? I'd recommend doing that before you continue.
Yep.. tried that, had no effect really. I don't wanna get into a custom ROM just yet. They're always a sort of 3 steps forward but 2 steps back deal for me. I'll have to look into this more.

Also, is there anyway to get Landscape Cleartype without losing your fonts in certain apps?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro