PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   0verwhelmed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57752)

richjolliff 02-15-2009 08:46 AM

0verwhelmed

I am amazed at the awesomeness of the TP. My prior was a blackberry 8830we. Before that a ppc 6700. This phone is the complete package. It is taking some time to get used to the functions but I am adapting quickly. the phone does get hot at times, and I had to do the audio increase hack, but everything else is superior. Great job HTC!

Dr.8820 02-15-2009 09:05 AM

Re: 0verwhelmed

i think your post is a first for htc.

RockSta® 02-15-2009 09:15 AM

I think your in love, glad you like it.....the device does have the potential to be a killer.......thnx to PPC GEEKS.

jmorton10 02-15-2009 10:36 AM

I agree that the capabilities of this device really are awesome.

I watch 200 cable TV channels from Sling Mobile, listen to Sirius/XM online, play ripped DVD movies, listen to over 500 mp3 music files, text like crazy, use a half dozen GPS programs etc etc etc in my Sprint TouchPro activated on Verizon service.

My two main gripes really are the pretty chintzy hardware build quality (compared to something like an iphone) & the fact that NTC has never figured out how to make a screen that is actually usable outside in the sun...........

~John

MadlyAlive 02-15-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 713776)
the fact that NTC has never figured out how to make a screen that is actually usable outside in the sun...........

~John

It's not that they haven't figured out to make it, it's the fact that they haven't gone to another vendor for their LCD's.

jmorton10 02-15-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 713837)
It's not that they haven't figured out to make it, it's the fact that they haven't gone to another vendor for their LCD's.

I don't really care what the reason is, I know it infuriates me when I am sitting out in the sun by my daughter's soccer field & can't use my TP at all because I can't see the screen. Then I look at the guy next to me & he is using an iphone & the screen is so bright that I can read it clearly from 20' away..........

~John

MadlyAlive 02-15-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 713860)
I don't really care what the reason is, I know it infuriates me when I am sitting out in the sun by my daughter's soccer field & can't use my TP at all because I can't see the screen. Then I look at the guy next to me & he is using an iphone & the screen is so bright that I can read it clearly from 20' away..........

~John

Preaching to the choir...I totally hear ya.

It's painful when we have a killer phone and not having the best hardware.

It's like building a super computer and attaching a 15" CRT to it.