PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Rollazn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems with Syncing

Well I sync my Touch Pro once in a while and sometime it has this problem. Happened twice already.

I plug the phone in via usb... but i dont make a connection with the pc. The Window Mobile Device center doesn't show a connection between the two device therefore I can't sync. I don't know why this happens.

Last time I had to hard-reset and lost a lot of information... hopefully i dont want to go through that again.

Anyone have any solution to this?

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Problems with Syncing

You should try this.. go to Settings, then Connections, then USB to PC, then uncheck "enable advanced network functionality". That worked for me when I had the same problem.

I did that and it worked but it still doesn't make sense why it worked before then suddenly stop working. It happened twice already. I'm not sure what is acting up... the phone or active sync.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

ActiveSync or WMDC (if using Vista) has a history of being buggy w/ WM devices. Your best bet is to use a good backup app, such as SPB Backup or Resco in conjunction with a Dashwire account. SPB/Resco will create a backup of your entire device on your SD card on any schedule you please. Neither are free, but worth the cost. Dashwire will b/u your texts, pix, voicemail, internet bookmarks, etc to a cloud based server. It's free. Go here for more..www.dashwire.com

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

hsanchez is just getting started

soft reset phone and restart computer.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sometimes I have to unplug my TP a few times before it syncs..Not sure why but it works for me.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
ActiveSync or WMDC (if using Vista) has a history of being buggy w/ WM devices. Your best bet is to use a good backup app, such as SPB Backup or Resco in conjunction with a Dashwire account. SPB/Resco will create a backup of your entire device on your SD card on any schedule you please. Neither are free, but worth the cost. Dashwire will b/u your texts, pix, voicemail, internet bookmarks, etc to a cloud based server. It's free. Go here for more..www.dashwire.com
Thanks... I might have to look into that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsanchez View Post
soft reset phone and restart computer.
Trust me - this was the first thing I tried. Didn't work... However when I went into settings and uncheck "enable advanced network functionality" it worked... but still I wonder why it doesn't work at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Sometimes I have to unplug my TP a few times before it syncs..Not sure why but it works for me.
Yep. Sometime it takes a while before it recognize it... other times like this - it won't recognize it at all.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx>6800>Touch Pro
Carrier: PPCGeeks/Sprint

rickster87 is a n00b

I had a problem like that myself, even with the enhanced network functionality turned off. But as soon as I plugged in the cable that came with the phone instead of the one I had for my portable hard drive( which did work before, BTW), it started synching. I know it sounds crazy and off-the-wall, but it was just one of those weird occurences.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro