PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How do you remove email and text received notifications? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57728)

eyecannon 02-14-2009 11:25 PM

How do you remove email and text received notifications?

Super annoying, everytime you receive an email or text, you get a notification in the taskbar and you have to hit dismiss. I can easily see if I have unread emails or texts on the TF3D tab, and often I will read emails on my desktop, and I STILL have to dismiss all of them on my phone. I have searched for an answer but haven't found anything. Yes, I have disabled "display message" in Notifications and Sounds.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

rainfreak 02-14-2009 11:27 PM

Re: How do you remove email and text received notifications?

Read this thread...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

eyecannon 02-14-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 713432)

Could you be more specific? I've read the OP and it doesn't mention it as far as I can see.

Tinkturtle 02-15-2009 12:40 PM

In sounds and notification uncheck show notification on screen.

MadlyAlive 02-15-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkturtle (Post 713924)
In sounds and notification uncheck show notification on screen.

To expand on this....

Click Start, Settings. Go into Sounds and Notifications. Click the Notifications tab and then from the drop down menu choose Messaging: New Text Message. Then uncheck Display message on screen.

eyecannon 02-15-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 713933)
To expand on this....

Click Start, Settings. Go into Sounds and Notifications. Click the Notifications tab and then from the drop down menu choose Messaging: New Text Message. Then uncheck Display message on screen.

And I still get the message. Do you not?

speck 02-15-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 713933)
To expand on this....

That setting does not affect the notficiation 'circle' on the TF3D tab. It controls whether a popup box appears (similar to the SMS sent message box) when a new message arrives.

I think the OP is asking how to clear the 'circle' on the TF3D tab without having to look at each email or text message. I've been wondering how to do this myself, which brings me to comment:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 713432)

I realize that the 'old-timers' may sometimes get irritated answering the same questions over and over, but I don't feel like it helps anyone to direct them to a 73 page post in order to find an answer to a specific question.

I've only been around this board a few months, and I'm still trying to learn about my phone (it is my first PPC). I have a whole lot of questions, but I often hestitate to ask something in case it has already been covered.

I apologize for getting off topic, and I hope someone posts a solution to the original question.

mkmkmk13 02-15-2009 10:01 PM

i agree its extremely annoying

MadlyAlive 02-15-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck (Post 714683)
That setting does not affect the notficiation 'circle' on the TF3D tab. It controls whether a popup box appears (similar to the SMS sent message box) when a new message arrives.

I think the OP is asking how to clear the 'circle' on the TF3D tab without having to look at each email or text message. I've been wondering how to do this myself, which brings me to comment:

The OP indicated that he can easily see he has a notification by looking at TF3D. He said that he does not want to have to dismiss the message box that pops up when a new message arrives.

speck 02-15-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 714772)
The OP indicated that he can easily see he has a notification by looking at TF3D. He said that he does not want to have to dismiss the message box that pops up when a new message arrives.

Ok, I'd just read it in terms of the problem I'd like to see solved - that even if you've already read the emails or text messages (for example, you've read all the text messages while in thread view) - you still have to 'flip' through all the emails and text on the respective tab in order to clear the notification 'circle'.