PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro and Jabra sb700

I have the Jabra SB700 and can't get the Touch Pro to consistently connect to the ATDP side of the SB700. It connects, shows the icon that it is connected and the media player even opens. When I try to play music, the sound comes from the phone's speaker.

I also have a Jabra BT8010 and a Motorola S9 headset and the audio connects without fail every time.

I have tried several ROMs and currently on the latest Mighty rom.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Also, does anyone know of a good software application for changing between bluetooth devices?
Old 02-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon
Carrier: Sprint

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff
Re: Touch Pro and Jabra sb700

never had this prob be4 but then again all ive ever used is the s9 and they work great but good luck with this my friend
Old 02-15-2009, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The S9 works pretty well but when i have the Jabra BT8010 installed, I tend to have to manually reconnect the S9 when I want to use it.

If I hard reset the phone and install the Jabra SP700, it works the first time without problem. After it looses connection, it seems to reconnect correctly but I am unable to get any stereo sound. Although the icons show it should be working all stereo comes out of the phone's speaker but if I try to use the phone on the SP700, it works fine.

I have even tried disabling the phone and just using it as wireless stereo but the phone connects anyway and I still have the same problem.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I figured out that if I delete the profile and re-add it for the SP700 every time, it works until I disconnect and reconnect.

Any ideas on a fix for this or is there possible another device that works as well? I am specifically looking for the stereo out and this is the first device that I have found that has VERY good sound with an FM transmitter.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dlink72 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop0114 View Post
I figured out that if I delete the profile and re-add it for the SP700 every time, it works until I disconnect and reconnect.

Any ideas on a fix for this or is there possible another device that works as well? I am specifically looking for the stereo out and this is the first device that I have found that has VERY good sound with an FM transmitter.
I just bought it today and I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using Mighty Rom 4.12. I'll try a different Rom tomorrow and post back if I have different results.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dlink72 is a n00b

I just did a little more searching on the subject and there is another thread on this. It looks like it's a common problem with the jabra.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=motorola+t505

Does anyone know if the motorola t505 has the same issue with the touch pro? I was looking at it when I bought this today. It's on sale at best buy for $99.99
Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I finally took the sp700 back. Jabra even lists this problem on their web site. Unless you just want the t505 for speaker phone, I would stay away from it. I tried it and it made the A2DP sound like it was under water. I returned it and tried another and had the same problem.

So, the t505 has bad (FM transmitter) quality and the sp700 has great sound but you have to delete and pair the device every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlink72 View Post
I just did a little more searching on the subject and there is another thread on this. It looks like it's a common problem with the jabra.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=motorola+t505

Does anyone know if the motorola t505 has the same issue with the touch pro? I was looking at it when I bought this today. It's on sale at best buy for $99.99

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro