PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Stopped Charging. Now What? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57713)

Luthyr 02-14-2009 07:16 PM

Touch Pro Stopped Charging. Now What?

My Sprint Touch Pro which was purchased from eBay recently stopped charging, and I've had it less than 60 days. The USB port still recognizes headphones, but it will not charge or be recognized by any computers, even after using multiple cables. I mistakenly made a claim through Square Trade, not remembering that it hadn't been 60 days yet, and so I won't be able to get it repaired through them. I am not a current customer of Sprint (I'm on Verizon), so I'm not sure if they will do out-of-warranty repairs for non-customers.

I'm not sure what I should do at this point or who I should be taking this phone to for repair. Will Sprint still do it? Should I try Best Buy? I tried a local place in Chicago, but it sounds like the model is too new for them to have parts. If I have to, I can buy an external battery charger, but eventually I need to get it fixed.

Thanks.

elephant007 02-15-2009 12:32 AM

Re: Touch Pro Stopped Charging. Now What?

some options might include contactinh HTC support, surely they have a way to check to see if the phone is eligable for warranty through their manufatures defect policy. sounds like a contact in the mini USB is not making proper contact. use compressed air to jar loose any debris see if that helps.

pastert33 02-15-2009 10:09 AM

I've noticed that when I plug in my charger that it doesn't go in all the way...It sticks out like 3 mm. Also, ill turn around to do something, look back at the phone and its not charging anymore! The charger works its way out somehow! Maybe yours is doing the same?

Luthyr 02-16-2009 05:05 PM

I discovered Sprint will not do any type of repairs if you are not a customer. I decided to order the extUSB part from eBay and hopefully the local repair shop will do the repair when I bring in the part...

Unknown Zone 02-16-2009 05:11 PM

It almost sounds like a "bent pin", since your usb is not going all the way and it makes it way out.

Get some sort of flashlight..etc..and look very close inside the usb and check for bent pins.

hibby50 02-16-2009 05:19 PM

This happened to me.... it maybe overheating. turn it off, take out the battery, wait 5 minutes, put the batt back, then plug it in with out turning it on and see if ur circle lights.

demolasko 02-16-2009 05:26 PM

you can also try a hard reset or flashing to the stock rom see if that helps.

elephant007 02-16-2009 08:16 PM

I'm interested in the OP following up with the suggestions we've given them.

Mbai2 02-16-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 716450)
It almost sounds like a "bent pin", since your usb is not going all the way and it makes it way out.

Get some sort of flashlight..etc..and look very close inside the usb and check for bent pins.

Either that or you need to clean some lint out of the socket.

racemepls 02-16-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luthyr (Post 716439)
I discovered Sprint will not do any type of repairs if you are not a customer. I decided to order the extUSB part from eBay and hopefully the local repair shop will do the repair when I bring in the part...

huge suprise