PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Got eager...flashed rom before activation? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57687)

The Acclude 02-14-2009 03:29 PM

Got eager...flashed rom before activation?

Now Im not able to connect to any data services. Should I flash to stock then re-activate the phone? Or should it not matter. (using Mighty Rom 4.9.5)

The Acclude 02-14-2009 03:33 PM

Re: Got eager...flashed rom before activation?

Im getting the Error code 131 btw.

Skelator03 02-14-2009 03:36 PM

not error code 67? for your vision password and login messed up?

u8myfoood 02-14-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Acclude (Post 712957)
Now Im not able to connect to any data services. Should I flash to stock then re-activate the phone? Or should it not matter. (using Mighty Rom 4.9.5)

I believe if you call Sprint, they would be able to give you the log in information. They will just give you the MSL, and tell you where to input what numbers/usernames. I don't think it should matter, since it is still a ROM built for Sprint, so the basic configuration shouldn't matter. Good luck though!

The Acclude 02-14-2009 04:01 PM

they are trouble shooting now, but are asking for an icon under settings that isnt there(update profile)

The Acclude 02-14-2009 04:06 PM

me thinks I should've set it up first(activated my new[replacement] TP), then flashed it. My old TP was working just fine :( Just wanted one without the scratches...

slopokdave 02-14-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Acclude (Post 713005)
they are trouble shooting now, but are asking for an icon under settings that isnt there(update profile)

I think Sprint changed something where this Update Profile button needs to be hit for it to work. I had Juggalo's 0.05 ROM On my wife's touch pro not too long ago and it worked fine. She had the chrome issue with her's so we swapped it out; obviously a newer version. I then went to put 0.05 back on it and the phone data didn't work. I called Sprint and they wanted me to hit that update profile button too; however that button wasn't in Juggalo's 0.05 ROM. So, I updated her's to 0.08, which does have the update Profile and Update PRL button; problem solved.

With that said, you need to either swap back to the stock ROM or install a ROM that can update the profile. (If the button is there, I don't know how else to do it?)

-Dave

The Acclude 02-14-2009 04:17 PM

I tried to DL the stock rom from the rom thread, but the .nbh isn't working like the custom roms where you click and it installs on its own.

jdrestless 02-14-2009 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try to install this cab

The Acclude 02-14-2009 04:52 PM

just flashed to a stock rom(its installing now) Whats in that cab JD?

I do plan on going back to the mighty rom as soon as I get my data working.

(the sprint tech never told me to turn off my old phone last night, and I was receiving text messages to my de-activated phone as well as the new one)