PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[SOLVED]Music Tab crashes even after manila restore...

Has anyone experienced the music tab crashing touchflo and restarting it? It was working perfectly, then I installed a sliding sound mod, and moved some music onto my card, suddenly it started crashing no matter what.

I've deleted the manila files, uninstalled the sliding sound mod, removed the mp3s on the storage card, removed the storage card alltogether, nothing has helped.

I'm not trying to do a hard reset because there are sooo many settings that i want to keep. I guess the worst thing I'll have to do is just remove the tab, but i rather like being able to browse my music straight from touchflo. And yes, I'm done about 20 soft resets.

Any ideas?

solution:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Ok I went into my device/application data/htc/audiomanager/ and deleted the .vol file. I didnt have any playlists to delete. Tab loads up fine now.

So basically if anyone ever has this issue, delete the .vol file, and I guess anything in the playlists folder.

I think what happened was, it glitched while finding my music, and so my .vol file was corrupt, and it corrupted the playlist files. Cleartemp delete the playlist files, but since the .vol file is so specific to touchflo, it looked over it.

Hope thie helps someone.

Last edited by chronster; 02-16-2009 at 12:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor
Re: Music Tab crashes even after manila restore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Has anyone experienced the music tab crashing touchflo and restarting it? It was working perfectly, then I installed a sliding sound mod, and moved some music onto my card, suddenly it started crashing no matter what.

I've deleted the manila files, uninstalled the sliding sound mod, removed the mp3s on the storage card, removed the storage card alltogether, nothing has helped.

I'm not trying to do a hard reset because there are sooo many settings that i want to keep. I guess the worst thing I'll have to do is just remove the tab, but i rather like being able to browse my music straight from touchflo. And yes, I'm done about 20 soft resets.

Any ideas?
Did you replace ALL manila files in the Windows folder? Or just a few? I'd suggest replacing all and seeing if that fixes (to try and avoid the hard reset).
Old 01-10-2009, 02:20 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_exec View Post
Did you replace ALL manila files in the Windows folder? Or just a few? I'd suggest replacing all and seeing if that fixes (to try and avoid the hard reset).
I used the tf3d config tool to restore all manila files.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:46 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

yea this is really tickin me off. My music tab crashes no matter what now. I've restored manilla twice, used a different sd card, used a blank sd card, nothing works.

Any suggestions!?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Ok I went into my device/application data/htc/audiomanager/ and deleted the .vol file. I didnt have any playlists to delete. Tab loads up fine now.

So basically if anyone ever has this issue, delete the .vol file, and I guess anything in the playlists folder.

I think what happened was, it glitched while finding my music, and so my .vol file was corrupt, and it corrupted the playlist files. Cleartemp delete the playlist files, but since the .vol file is so specific to touchflo, it looked over it.

Hope thie helps someone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dagger969 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Dagger969
Re: [SOLVED]Music Tab crashes even after manila restore...

Well, I'm still in the process of figuring out why my music tab is so slow and occasionally crashing. I've found a few things that contributed to it. Its still slower than it should be, but it doesn't crash.

The first thing was that it had some pretty large images embedded in the ID3 tag, so I stripped those with mp3tag. The second was that they were all in one large folder. Now, I use windows media to sync the files and split them into directories.

What I couldnt figure out was how to reset the cache, or volume...so thanks for that little trick.

Hopefully some of this can help you.

Last edited by Dagger969; 01-25-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:37 PM
cw0802

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm having the same issue. brand new TP, I had my MP3's on a 2GB card. Here's what i've done to troubleshoot:

Moved about 15 MP3's from the storage card to the "my music" folder and removed the card from the device all together. disabled TouchFlo, deleted the file mentioned above, enabled touch flo, went to the audio tab, crash.

Disabled TouchFlo, moved the MP3's from the "my music" folder to the MUSIC folder on the root of the device (same folder where the default music is stored), deleted the above file, enabled Touch Flo, went to the Audio tab...crash.

HARD RESET, did both of the procedures above, crash.

I gave up using the audio tab and am listing to music via Windows Media Player.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

s2gordon is a n00b

i've been messing with mine for the past 3 days off and on. I've managed to get it work then it's stoped. Here is what i had to do
  • First do a soft reset and do not go into the music plater tab on TF3D
  • Remove all your mp3 files.
  • Delete all the '~htc' image files that music player creates.
  • Delete the 'vol', 'album', and the 'AudioManager_ENG' file in application data>HTC>AudioManager_Eng. (If you can not delete the audiomamager_eng file then you have to do a soft reset and try deleting again BEFORE you go into the music tab on TF3D)
  • Do a soft reset.
  • Load 1-5 MP3's to start
  • Go to Media Tab let the music player find find them.
  • Load a couple more MP3's
  • Go to media Tab see if it finds them and plays. If it doesn't then it can either be the MP3's themselves or you can try doing another soft reset go into file explore and delete the audiomanager_ENG file like before then go to the music tab to see if that fixes it.
I went through the trouble shooting steps above to learn that some of the mp3 podcast that i had gotten through the RSS program on the phone are causing the issue.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2gordon View Post
i've been messing with mine for the past 3 days off and on. I've managed to get it work then it's stoped. Here is what i had to do
  • First do a soft reset and do not go into the music plater tab on TF3D
  • Remove all your mp3 files.
  • Delete all the '~htc' image files that music player creates.
  • Delete the 'vol', 'album', and the 'AudioManager_ENG' file in application data>HTC>AudioManager_Eng. (If you can not delete the audiomamager_eng file then you have to do a soft reset and try deleting again BEFORE you go into the music tab on TF3D)
  • Do a soft reset.
  • Load 1-5 MP3's to start
  • Go to Media Tab let the music player find find them.
  • Load a couple more MP3's
  • Go to media Tab see if it finds them and plays. If it doesn't then it can either be the MP3's themselves or you can try doing another soft reset go into file explore and delete the audiomanager_ENG file like before then go to the music tab to see if that fixes it.
I went through the trouble shooting steps above to learn that some of the mp3 podcast that i had gotten through the RSS program on the phone are causing the issue.
I'm having the same problem and I just downloaded a podcast from rss hub. Did deleting the podcast solve the problem?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I'm having the same problem and I just downloaded a podcast from rss hub. Did deleting the podcast solve the problem?
Ok, I deleted the file and it fixed my music player. wow, I'm so glad I found this because I was 5 min from a hard reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro