PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Could WM 6.5 for Touch Pro Be Around the Corner. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57665)

texasmike 02-14-2009 08:58 AM

Could WM 6.5 for Touch Pro Be Around the Corner.

I was told, sprint (dont know about other companies) has had WM 6.5 as to be able to configure whatever phones are getting the upgrade or released with it already. Could this be why we have not gotten a leaked or actual release 6.1 update rom for touch pro? Are they waiting for MW Congress to be over and then an actual release date from Microsoft to release an upgrade for the touch pro to 6.5?

Would that not be auesome!

henbone11 02-14-2009 11:08 AM

Re: Could WM 6.5 for Touch Pro Be Around the Corner.

all indications suggest that it wont be available until the middle of this year or even towards the end. regardless of what happens at mobile congress, I wouldnt count on having an official release of wm6.5 for a while.

crazychef 02-14-2009 12:12 PM

theres not one phone scheduled to come out in next few months with 6.5, my best friend works for sprint(just as a store rep) but sprint isnt sitting on anything that we all dont already know about..

seanborn1979 02-14-2009 12:43 PM

I believe the only phone that is scheduled is the Sony Xperia X1. It is supposed to have 6.5 but it is a GSM phone.

Vertech 04-06-2009 08:45 PM

I have talked to 3 different Sprint stores in my area all repair centers and nobody knows anything about 6.5 for the TP.

ruskiyab 04-06-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breribble79 (Post 829280)
Just had my Touch Pro replaced by by Sprint due to battery issues, was told by tech support that wm 6.5 will be available for download by mid summer or early fall, may also have the fm radio with new wm 6.5 update!! As per tech in Myrtle Beach, SC.

I'll believe it when I see it.

p-slim 04-06-2009 09:25 PM

When the touch pro 2 releases it won't even have 6.5 on it. they have already said it won't have 6.5 but will be upgradeable. True that was meant for the gsm version because that one is released well before the north america version.

Asphyx 04-06-2009 09:33 PM

If you ask me by the time 6.5 is actually ready for prime time we will all have different phones anyway!

And unless it can support multitouch screen ala iPhone my guess is it might not ever see the memory of a phone that wasn't flashed by us! LOL

They really need to rethink the approach to windows mobile and if they ever do it's most likely not going to work with any of the win mobile standards we have grown accustomed to.

Lets hope MS prove me wrong...