PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Crossova is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Think I Found One Thing My Mogul Does Better Than My Touch Pro

I dont know how many of you are in the same boat as I am but my cell phones ove the years have served a VERRY VERRY important role in my daily life.... Thats right.. They wake me up in the morning because i use my cell phone as my alarm clock, and i have to say, Im not particularly happy with the Touch Pro's alarm feature.

The Mogul met the 3 most important criteria to be used as an alarm clock
1) Its Damn Loud!!
2) Its Damn Annoying
3) Its Damn Persistant/ Repetitive

I find that the Pro fails in all 3 of these categories.

I know what your thinking and...yes i am running the "tweeked audiopara.csv" file and yes i have the most annoying ringer for the alarm (Alarm 5 IMO) and yes the volume is alll the way up and no im not a heavy sleeper.

That being said i find it difficult to believe that the alarm function would differ so much from the Mogul to the TP.

Where the Mogul demands your attention and invades your dreams (literally) as if to say...Wake Yo A$$ up Mutha Effa!!!! , I find that the Touch Pro simply suggests that u might wanna get up at this point and time .

The Moguls alarm was plenty loud and did not stop untill you stopped it and on the Touch Pro my alarm rung once each time (I have 3 alarms that go off 5-10 mins apart) then stopped itself asif it were some calender appointment or something. luckily i woke up this morning on the third alarm (im a big fan of the roll over )

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me...should i stop being lazy and just invest in an alarm clock (theres always the threat of a power outtage though)?? IDK but for the mean time my mogul will be charged all week sitting next to the Touch Pro acting as my alarm for the time being.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: I Think I Found One Thing My Mogul Does Better Than My Touch Pro

Odd, I found the external speaker on my Touch Pro to be a bit louder than that of my Mogul, but I haven't tested the alarm yet, so perhaps that somehow works differently.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS

i know what you mean with this...my mogul has been serving me well for the past 4 months as probably my best alarm clock ever. it is extremely loud and annoying as hell, just what u want in a "get your butt up device". i hoped the TP has similar qualities.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

well i never really used my mogul as an alarm nut i did use my touch as an alarm and it was pretty damned loud but it never did as good a job of waking me up like my touch pro does. i use a third party app as an alarm. its called G alarm and works great you can tie it to touchflo 3d so that it shows up as a regular alarm but works far better than the windows mobile alarm i love it. check it out here.

http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=download

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CMoney0619 is a n00b

good thing i still have two defective moguls haha the alarms still work on em though
Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Crossova is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
well i never really used my mogul as an alarm nut i did use my touch as an alarm and it was pretty damned loud but it never did as good a job of waking me up like my touch pro does. i use a third party app as an alarm. its called G alarm and works great you can tie it to touchflo 3d so that it shows up as a regular alarm but works far better than the windows mobile alarm i love it. check it out here.

http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=download

Thanks for the suggestion.... checking this out now.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:01 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I recommend Klaxon. It is a nice alarm app for G-sensor enabled phones. I like that it does not have to be running in the background to fire. It is user friendly too.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

When did the Mogul's Alarm started working awhile on charging? I am using DCD latest with .50 radio. oh yeah.. I flash the roms so often, that I never bothered to set the alarm
Old 10-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I find my Touch Pro to be louder because of the location of the speaker. It's on the top, rather than on the back. I tend to keep it in it's case, and flat on a surface, like a table. So with the Mogul (and Touch) the speaker fires straight down. The Touch Pro fires it's sound out the side, unimpeded.

-Ed
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

hsanchez is just getting started
Wink Re: I Think I Found One Thing My Mogul Does Better Than My Touch Pro

Alarm-Beeps and Alarm-Snooze work excellent IMO.

Sharp ear piercing alarms.

And nothing like Alarm-Rooster on sunday morning!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro