PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

thunderx2000 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Text problems

Ok here is the deal I just got my Touch Pro a week ago and I already have a gripe about it, and here it is....

The Text anytime I slide the screen up the lettering in Nimbuzz bunches up, in the seetings menu the names on the tabs completely disappear unless I select them, in opera it makes the pages small as f**k and this is starting to become annoying.

Is there a fix available for this annoyance?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Touch Pro Text problems

My tabs show fine in landscape in the settings menu. I've never heard of that happening. As far as Opera goes, in landscape it is no smaller than in portrait. You can always tap twice to zoom.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.

Last edited by Hafrust; 01-20-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

thunderx2000 is just getting started

I'm guessing I got a bad unit, then
Old 01-21-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

Did you do any registry edits because mine did that after i did some of the auto word correct regedits. i havent fixed it yet though because i need to find out how to remove regedits without knowing which ones i did. but anyway before that mine worked fine.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

chnzshyguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by navymarvin View Post
Did you do any registry edits because mine did that after i did some of the auto word correct regedits. i havent fixed it yet though because i need to find out how to remove regedits without knowing which ones i did. but anyway before that mine worked fine.
I think I have the same exact problem. It doesn't matter which app I use, the text shows up blank. For certain characters, the letters will bunch up on the upper mid-right of the screen. Typing works fine in portrait mode.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderx2000 View Post
I'm guessing I got a bad unit, then
If you have everything backed up, maybe try doing a hard reset and see if that fixes it for you.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brazen is a n00b

Same problem. When flipped to landscape mode, text gets jumbled, particularly in text boxes where text has already been entered.

Flip back to portrait and it's fine.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bjtech is just getting started

I recently had the same problem (yesterday). It has something to do with cleartype in landscape mode. I did this reg edit to fix it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\ClearTypeSettings]
"OffOnRotation"="1"

Mine was set to "0". There may be other solutions, but this worked for me. Only problem is this disables cleartype in landscape mode.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro WinMo 6.1

gameday22 is just getting started

As per bjtech's advice:

Editing the registry setting and putting the clear type text to off in the landscape mode fixed the disappearing text.

Look for this in your registry, Change the 0 to 1 and save it:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\ClearTypeSettings]
"OffOnRotation"="1"

It is set to "0" by default. There may be other solutions, but this worked for me. Only problem is this disables cleartype in landscape mode. In portrait mode everything works correctly even with cleartype on. Do a soft reset after applying this edit

You can get a registry editor that will work on your Touch Pro. Personally I prefer PHM's registry editor program which you can get at:

http://www.phm.lu/downloads/download.aspx?{940B734A-C437-41C7-ADED-2A4418802FD3}

Under Package Selection download: Pocket PC 2000,2003 (ARM, PXA), this is the correct one for the Sprint HTC Touch Pro. I am not sure if it is correct for any other devices.

As always these programs are use at your own risk, if your not comfortable editing stuff in the registry then I would suggest leaving it alone and going into a Sprint service store to get technical assistance.

Good Luck
Old 02-02-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: SPRINT

Bizill is becoming a great contributor

use the diamond tweak program. it offers the ability to turn off cleartype in landscape mode without manually going into the registry. i just learned this last night and it took care of my issues as well. it seems that i enabled the cleartype in landscape and hadn't realized it was myself who caused this problem in the first place. lol. beware what you do without knowing for sure what it is in fact you are doing. lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro