PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Carrier: Sprint

reyrey127 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My BB Touch Pro SAGA may now come to an END...

Many of here may have read my story about all the problems or bad luck I have been having with my Touch Pro. Even with my new 1/9/09 built it froze on me (1. after making a few calls, 2. internet, 3. charging) within 2 days. HTC support said it is probably a hardware issue if I hard reset after the first two issues and it still froze up. Last night the phone did not freeze on me but I think SHE knows I am letting HER go. I think ONE GIRL by the bed side that causes me stress is enough, I dont need TWO... I think this phone is not for me. But one thing I would do different is to not purchase at Best Buy. It is not their fault at all, it is just that they don't get a selection of the newer better built phones as compared with a sprint store.

PPCgeeks has been very helpful and I think by tomorrow afternoon I will be out of the Touch Pro and take a dive into the iphone game. After playing around at the store with the iphone, the interface is very nice (touch is nice and no lag). The only thing I pay more is the plan, which may work itself out when I include the less stress I have with the iphone (well I hope).

I would sell my Touch Pro to you guys but I would not want anyone to feel the stress I have in getting a phone that have problems. BUT definitely this TP has the potential to be a great (if not excellent) phone.

Thanks PPCgeeks, for now I will say goodbye until tomorrow if miraculously a Touch Pro falls on my lap that has no hardware issues. Good Luck.

Rey
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: My BB Touch Pro SAGA may now come to an END...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyrey127 View Post
Many of here may have read my story about all the problems or bad luck I have been having with my Touch Pro. Even with my new 1/9/09 built it froze on me (1. after making a few calls, 2. internet, 3. charging) within 2 days. HTC support said it is probably a hardware issue if I hard reset after the first two issues and it still froze up. Last night the phone did not freeze on me but I think SHE knows I am letting HER go. I think ONE GIRL by the bed side that causes me stress is enough, I dont need TWO... I think this phone is not for me. But one thing I would do different is to not purchase at Best Buy. It is not their fault at all, it is just that they don't get a selection of the newer better built phones as compared with a sprint store.

PPCgeeks has been very helpful and I think by tomorrow afternoon I will be out of the Touch Pro and take a dive into the iphone game. After playing around at the store with the iphone, the interface is very nice (touch is nice and no lag). The only thing I pay more is the plan, which may work itself out when I include the less stress I have with the iphone (well I hope).

I would sell my Touch Pro to you guys but I would not want anyone to feel the stress I have in getting a phone that have problems. BUT definitely this TP has the potential to be a great (if not excellent) phone.

Thanks PPCgeeks, for now I will say goodbye until tomorrow if miraculously a Touch Pro falls on my lap that has no hardware issues. Good Luck.

Rey
sooo, how much you want for it? PM me.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You say you have new jan 9th built one, but then go on to say that it's not BB's fault because they don't get a selection of the newer built phones???

I got my phone at Fry's and it's hasn't given me any trouble, so I'm not so sure there is any truth to 3rd party retailers not getting better phones heading to their store.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

jsntrenkler is becoming a great contributor

Good luck with the iPhone! ... I loved the interface, hated the restrictions.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:14 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a couple of issues with this thread, it sounds a little like a phone comparison thread but not really, it could also almost qualify for the Bargain trader forum but the OP doesn't qualify, so for now I will just close the thread. Good luck to you OP I hope you like your new fruit phone.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro