PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 01:44 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Pro won't charge

Just hard reset and finished setting up, and now the dang thing won't charge! The USB is not broken, it detects being plugged into my computer but never charges. It will not charge on the wall either.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:59 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: Pro won't charge

Sounds like a trip to the Srint store for a new one

Old 02-13-2009, 04:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

rb240z is becoming a great contributor

Are you still useing the horrible mini oem usb cable... if so ditch it. That cable constantly gives me problems when i cant find any of my others. This one might sound odd but a friend of mine did this to an old phone i had once, but he used a pencil eraser on my battery connectors where they touch the battery and my phone would charge again. Dont know what that did but i used to have to do it every so weeks with that phone. Always worked. Wierd.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb240z View Post
Are you still useing the horrible mini oem usb cable... if so ditch it. That cable constantly gives me problems when i cant find any of my others. This one might sound odd but a friend of mine did this to an old phone i had once, but he used a pencil eraser on my battery connectors where they touch the battery and my phone would charge again. Dont know what that did but i used to have to do it every so weeks with that phone. Always worked. Wierd.
This cleans any dirt that is on the contacts to make a clean connection.

Have you tried taking the battery out for 15 minutes? My sisters did the same thing, wouldn't take a charge, light wouldn't even come on. Wasn't hot from use or anything. Took the battery out and 15 minutes later, put it in and on the charger and viola, it worked.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hibby did you try to hard reset ?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Sounds like bent pins on the USB mini port on your phone.

I had that issue on my mogul, except I didnt bend the power pins, I bent the comm pins. So I could charge, just couldnt sync using a usb cable.

Sprint store replaced the phone, and then recommended I replaced all of the cables I use (they gave me a new home charger, and two sync cables). Something about if the mini port cables were messed up, then a good chance that they were messed up on the cables too and that over time it would just happen again.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 02-13-2009, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor

did u just change roms?

if so.. go to settings from the start menu and from the top of my head.. since i dont have my phone with me, go to power options and there should be somewhere an option saying something like "charge through USB". I know for one of the ROM's i tried, it was automatically disabled.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g
Threadstarter

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

k i eventually checked my battery status in mighty's rom, and oddly enough it was burning up at ~800 MAH! IDK what was causing it but then i saw my battery was 50 degrees C! I figured since my phone was so hot it wouldnt charge. I turned it off, pulled the battery, waited 5 minutes then charged it while it was off. Now i am back to burning ~200 MAH
Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
k i eventually checked my battery status in mighty's rom, and oddly enough it was burning up at ~800 MAH! IDK what was causing it but then i saw my battery was 50 degrees C! I figured since my phone was so hot it wouldnt charge. I turned it off, pulled the battery, waited 5 minutes then charged it while it was off. Now i am back to burning ~200 MAH
So its all good now Hibb?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:53 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
did u just change roms?

if so.. go to settings from the start menu and from the top of my head.. since i dont have my phone with me, go to power options and there should be somewhere an option saying something like "charge through USB". I know for one of the ROM's i tried, it was automatically disabled.
The voice of reason....

Or, you could try hitting the TP with a hammer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro