PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Pro won't charge (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57523)

hibby50 02-13-2009 01:44 AM

Pro won't charge

Just hard reset and finished setting up, and now the dang thing won't charge! The USB is not broken, it detects being plugged into my computer but never charges. It will not charge on the wall either.

shaun0207 02-13-2009 01:59 AM

Re: Pro won't charge

Sounds like a trip to the Srint store for a new one

rb240z 02-13-2009 04:45 AM

Are you still useing the horrible mini oem usb cable... if so ditch it. That cable constantly gives me problems when i cant find any of my others. This one might sound odd but a friend of mine did this to an old phone i had once, but he used a pencil eraser on my battery connectors where they touch the battery and my phone would charge again. Dont know what that did but i used to have to do it every so weeks with that phone. Always worked. Wierd.

coolwhip1220 02-13-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb240z (Post 710708)
Are you still useing the horrible mini oem usb cable... if so ditch it. That cable constantly gives me problems when i cant find any of my others. This one might sound odd but a friend of mine did this to an old phone i had once, but he used a pencil eraser on my battery connectors where they touch the battery and my phone would charge again. Dont know what that did but i used to have to do it every so weeks with that phone. Always worked. Wierd.

This cleans any dirt that is on the contacts to make a clean connection.

Have you tried taking the battery out for 15 minutes? My sisters did the same thing, wouldn't take a charge, light wouldn't even come on. Wasn't hot from use or anything. Took the battery out and 15 minutes later, put it in and on the charger and viola, it worked.

kyrumo 02-13-2009 08:13 AM

Hibby did you try to hard reset ?

SporkLover 02-13-2009 10:23 AM

Sounds like bent pins on the USB mini port on your phone.

I had that issue on my mogul, except I didnt bend the power pins, I bent the comm pins. So I could charge, just couldnt sync using a usb cable.

Sprint store replaced the phone, and then recommended I replaced all of the cables I use (they gave me a new home charger, and two sync cables). Something about if the mini port cables were messed up, then a good chance that they were messed up on the cables too and that over time it would just happen again.

xgm541 02-13-2009 10:27 AM

did u just change roms?

if so.. go to settings from the start menu and from the top of my head.. since i dont have my phone with me, go to power options and there should be somewhere an option saying something like "charge through USB". I know for one of the ROM's i tried, it was automatically disabled.

hibby50 02-13-2009 10:42 AM

k i eventually checked my battery status in mighty's rom, and oddly enough it was burning up at ~800 MAH! IDK what was causing it but then i saw my battery was 50 degrees C! I figured since my phone was so hot it wouldnt charge. I turned it off, pulled the battery, waited 5 minutes then charged it while it was off. Now i am back to burning ~200 MAH

kyrumo 02-13-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 710931)
k i eventually checked my battery status in mighty's rom, and oddly enough it was burning up at ~800 MAH! IDK what was causing it but then i saw my battery was 50 degrees C! I figured since my phone was so hot it wouldnt charge. I turned it off, pulled the battery, waited 5 minutes then charged it while it was off. Now i am back to burning ~200 MAH

So its all good now Hibb?

schettj 02-13-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xgm541 (Post 710903)
did u just change roms?

if so.. go to settings from the start menu and from the top of my head.. since i dont have my phone with me, go to power options and there should be somewhere an option saying something like "charge through USB". I know for one of the ROM's i tried, it was automatically disabled.

The voice of reason....

Or, you could try hitting the TP with a hammer.