PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch-HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

patrickgies is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to patrickgies Send a message via MSN to patrickgies Send a message via Yahoo to patrickgies
Sorry, I know you guys can really help out though

So, i just got my touch pro from alltel...and i am so lost...

i love it so far, and the gps is amazing. but i would like to speed it up...its a bit laggy when i slide the keyboard out and i want to be able to well just flash my own rom.

i have found the places to unlock my telephone so i am good there. just curious on is there a way to load the roms from an SD card like the titan or no. not sure where to look and what...

also, i would like to know what would be the best rom to load. i have been searching around and can't figure anything really out because i am not sure what i am looking for. i have done a lot of flashing and cooking for the titan...

is the TP a different type of beast compared to the TITAN or is it sort of the same

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP
Patrick
Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sorry, I know you guys can really help out though

Welcome to PPCGeeks.

As your case, do browse the "CDMA Touch Pro Upgrade" section, link to the top of the page.

Since you already have it HardSPL unlocked, yes you can actually flash ROM using the SD card. Do check out the sticky topics in that section and you will be able to obtain the information you need.

As for the ROM? I personlly prefer the Might Mike's ROM. Of course there are other ROMs out there so try them out and see which one fit you the best.

As for the lag in GPS? Well it's a common problem, so far no real fix but deal with it. Keyboard lag? Flash a new ROM and you'll be good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro