PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
1x area, place data session on hold for phone call to come through???

I have a problem that I have not been able to find a solution to. I live in a 1x only area and have a Sprint TP. I have my phone synced to my email account, both work and personal. I currently receive about 75 emails on a slow day. This has caused me to miss numerous important phone calls related to work. Because of this I have purchased a Samsung Rant and activated it on my line to receive phone calls. No I am unable to receive important emails related to work unless I am either in the office, which is occurring less and less lately, or can find a wifi hotspot. Is anyone aware of any option to place a data session on hold to allow the phone calls to pass through?? I am aware this occurs naturally with EV-DO, but I do not have the benefit of this service. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to have to carry multiple phones around with me.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 02-12-2009, 03:20 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: 1x area, place data session on hold for phone call to come through???

Data priority....

Phone app, menu/options/Services/DDTM Mode

Send voice calls to voice mail during active data connection... should be Off.

Try that. Supposed to work.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
I have a problem that I have not been able to find a solution to. I live in a 1x only area and have a Sprint TP. I have my phone synced to my email account, both work and personal. I currently receive about 75 emails on a slow day. This has caused me to miss numerous important phone calls related to work. Because of this I have purchased a Samsung Rant and activated it on my line to receive phone calls. No I am unable to receive important emails related to work unless I am either in the office, which is occurring less and less lately, or can find a wifi hotspot. Is anyone aware of any option to place a data session on hold to allow the phone calls to pass through?? I am aware this occurs naturally with EV-DO, but I do not have the benefit of this service. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I do not want to have to carry multiple phones around with me.
i would call sprint because it should just work.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolasko View Post
i would call sprint because it should just work.
I know for EVDO it works automatically, unfortunately I do not live in an EV-DO area, And I refuse to switch to VZW
Old 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Data priority....

Phone app, menu/options/Services/DDTM Mode

Send voice calls to voice mail during active data connection... should be Off.

Try that. Supposed to work.
It is showing as off, but still have the problem, I believe the problem is related to being on a 1x network, and unfortunately that won't be changing anytime soon.

Any other suggestions??
Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Unfortunately there is no way around it.

The only thing you can do is carry two phones... one for voice and one for data.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
It is showing as off, but still have the problem, I believe the problem is related to being on a 1x network, and unfortunately that won't be changing anytime soon.

Any other suggestions??
I am not so sure both being active is the problem because data is supposed to be suspended. I have the DDTM mode set to off as well and I can be using data (so I have an active, healthy connection to a tower) and calls and texts will not come through. If you have poor service (it seems 3/7 bars or worse qualifies as poor), you may miss calls anyway. I am actively searching for a solution, only way seems to be an airave but that definitely isn't portable.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
Unfortunately there is no way around it.

The only thing you can do is carry two phones... one for voice and one for data.
Yeah this is what I figured, unfortunately adding another line of service is not an option, I currently have 9 lines, and cannot afford an additional one, maybe if SERO was still an option, but since it isn't I'm not really sure how to resolve the issue.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I am not so sure both being active is the problem because data is supposed to be suspended. I have the DDTM mode set to off as well and I can be using data (so I have an active, healthy connection to a tower) and calls and texts will not come through. If you have poor service (it seems 3/7 bars or worse qualifies as poor), you may miss calls anyway. I am actively searching for a solution, only way seems to be an airave but that definitely isn't portable.
Well, I have spent the last two weekends out of town, in San Diego, and in Raleigh NC both of which have EVDO. And during these trips I would be using the web, or streaming a video and it would stop for a call, even when there was only 1 bar. Also I regularly travel to Phoenix and have had the same experience. The reason I am blaming 1x is due to the fact that even when you have EVDO your phone will show 1x when you are on a call or are sending/receiving a text. This just tells me that all phone calls go through the 1x side so if it is plugged with data it can't get through.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You could always do that thing... you know that thing that is illegal and not allowed on the forum... (think sheep ). I don't know if that would work or not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro