PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP + Airave

I was just curious if anyone else has to restart their TP after leaving Airave coverage? I do but my girlfriend doesnt. We have the same phone. But when I leave my house and I cannot get data to connect. I have to actually restart my phone before it works. Just curious if anyone else has had these results.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: "A 3vo named McGavin"

one0one951 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Sprint TP + Airave

I have an Airave at home also, but I have no problems leaving coverage and haven't had to restart.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

KevinC2021 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to KevinC2021

I havent noticed any issues as of yet and I have an airave also.. Then again I have had the phone for almost two days
Old 02-12-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Josedogg54 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Josedogg54

I love the sprint Airave well I hate paying to have service but anyways to the point I have no problems when I leave the coverage area. My phone just turns on like it has switched towers which technically it did.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

I have not either sometimes I get disconnected but other than that its awesome lock everyone else out
Old 02-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Funny enough...I NEVER had this issue before until this morning. Usually, if I am on a call and leave my house while on the call, I will need to recall the person because it has trouble switching between the Airave and the nearest tower.

However...this morning....I could not call anyone when I left my house...I had to soft reset. This is the first and only time this has happened to me.

Not sure about data...but the message that came up did say something about data I think. Its a message I never got before.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

We have had three phones with the Airave. Mogul, Instinct, TP and all will loose a call when leaving the coverage of the Airave. It does not handle the handshake to the tower nearest at all, so it must also loose data connection as well. I have not tried data connection just after leaving coverage. I can reconnect to the call that is lost as soon as I redail.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josedogg54 View Post
I love the sprint Airave well I hate paying to have service but anyways to the point I have no problems when I leave the coverage area. My phone just turns on like it has switched towers which technically it did.
A couple of days ago I was thinking about the Airave and the fact that I had to pay to use it and called Sprint. I pitched a ***** and they have refunded any charges I have incurred with it and the price the Airave itself. They also removed all future charges for it. I have always heard that you can do this but hate to complain about things if I dont have to. But I can definitely say that it works if you complain about it. As far as the soft reset, it took some trial and error to figure this out. Twice I had to call tech support and they had me enable the data connection with the ## code. Yesterday I was very frustrated because I had to drive to a town an hour away and I didnt know where I was going. I kept trying to get the GPS to connect and use Live Search. Nothing would connect. So I soft reset my phone and then everything worked. So I did some testing and sure enough, for whatever reason, when my phone leaves Airave coverage its not releasing the data connection. A soft reset is no big deal as long as you know you have to. But trying to figure it out was angering me. lol Oh well, thats how I have to deal with it. But everything works fine.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have had an Airrave for about two months now and have never had a problem when leaving my coverage area with either my TP or my Diamond. Both are seemless and even if I am on the phone it automatically switches to the Sprint network when I pull out of my driveway, without me losing the call.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro