PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Scoilt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A few stupid noob questions...

I've finaly upgraded from my VX6700 to a Verizon HTC Touch Pro and have spent the last several days trolling the forums here to custimze my phone.

I flashed my phone to Mighty ROM 4.9.5 and have things pretty close to how I want them, however there are a few things I could not figure out how to do and I could not find in the forums...

First off:
How do I turn on the vibration function for the keyboard (physical and on screen)? I had this turned on for the stock Verizon ROM but can't figure out where/how to do so after flashing to the Mighty ROM. I have it set up so the phone vibrates when dialing a phone number via the onscreen keypad. I want to have the phone vibrate whenever I type on the physical keyboard or the onscreen keyboard.

Second off:
I origionaly had this working after I flashed to the most recent Mighty ROM... After flashing a second time it went away. How do I stop the Start menu from listing my recently opened programs? (see Screen01.JPG that is attached for a visual reference) I swear that I managed to get this working the first time I flashed to Mighty ROM 4.9.5, but after reflashing to start over, I can't figure out how to get it back to how it was...

Third off:
How do I extend the amount of time that the backlight stays on for the physical keyboard? I've used Advanced Config 3.3 to set INPUT>KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT TIMEOUT> to anything other than the 10 second default (for example "2 Minutes") and the backlight turns off after five seconds (open Internet Exploere or whatever, slide open the keyboard, type in an address and while the page loads, the backlight goes off after five seconds). Advanced Config reports that the timeout change has stuck, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Fourth and last:
Is there a way to customize the TF3D screen when it's in landscape mode (physical keyboard slid out)? (see Screen02.JPG that is attached for a visual reference) Similar to what can be done for the portrait mode of TF3D via Manilla Customizer?

I don't want to change ROMs as I'm happy with Mighty ROM and I have the phone how I want it (apart from the above issues).

As a side note, has anyone had memory issues with the Verizon version of this phone? I've had a few "out of/not enough memory" issues, I had these with the stock Verizon ROM before adding or changing anything as well as after flashing my ROM... (for example, I can only run Teeter after a soft reset and only if I open nothing else on the phone first - Opera has been giving me all sorts of "not enough memory, please close one or more tabs" warnings even when there is only one tab open...) Just curious...

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.JPG (105.2 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.JPG (45.5 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee
Re: A few stupid noob questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoilt View Post

First off:
How do I turn on the vibration function for the keyboard (physical and on screen)? I had this turned on for the stock Verizon ROM but can't figure out where/how to do so after flashing to the Mighty ROM. I have it set up so the phone vibrates when dialing a phone number via the onscreen keypad. I want to have the phone vibrate whenever I type on the physical keyboard or the onscreen keyboard.
Try the cab here for Touch Response
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450256
Old 02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scoilt is a n00b

[quote=tx_jaycee;709614]Try the cab here for Touch Response
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...256[/quote]

Thanks, that solves the vibrate problem for screen touches (onscreen keys) but not for the physical keyboard.
That at least brings me a bit closer.

Thanks again.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

Quote:

As a side note, has anyone had memory issues with the Verizon version of this phone? I've had a few "out of/not enough memory" issues, I had these with the stock Verizon ROM before adding or changing anything as well as after flashing my ROM... (for example, I can only run Teeter after a soft reset and only if I open nothing else on the phone first - Opera has been giving me all sorts of "not enough memory, please close one or more tabs" warnings even when there is only one tab open...) Just curious...
Should be plenty or RAM to keep that from happening. Try installing dotfreds task manager. It will let you see the individual processes and what resources they are using. Then tweak whatever is being the memory hog.

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

Quote:
Second off:
I origionaly had this working after I flashed to the most recent Mighty ROM... After flashing a second time it went away. How do I stop the Start menu from listing my recently opened programs? (see Screen01.JPG that is attached for a visual reference) I swear that I managed to get this working the first time I flashed to Mighty ROM 4.9.5, but after reflashing to start over, I can't figure out how to get it back to how it was...
While you are on dotfred's site, take a look at the replacement start menu. It may do just what you're looking for.

http://www.dotfred.net/FdcStartMenu.htm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scoilt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
Should be plenty or RAM to keep that from happening. Try installing dotfreds task manager. It will let you see the individual processes and what resources they are using.
It seems that CPROG.EXE (I believe that's the phone dialer program) is using about 11MB and several other smaller processes are running, but nothing that seems out of the ordinary. I'll have to play around with this a bit later today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
While you are on dotfred's site, take a look at the replacement start menu.
That seems it may work fine, I just need to see about modifying the font size for it... also, I thought that it replaced the Start menu, but it seems to be working in tandum with mine. If you click on the Start orb, it opens this new Start menu, if you click on the word Start next to the orb, you get the regular Start menu...

Getting closer.

Thanks for the help so far.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scoilt is a n00b

Quote:
Second off:
Okay, just figured this one out...
Settings>System>TouchFlo>Enable Large Start Menu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (109.9 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scoilt is a n00b

Quote:
How do I turn on the vibration function for the keyboard (physical and on screen)?
Found this one too...
I feel like an idiot for missing this one:

Settings>Buttons>Vibrate>Vibrate Device When A Button Is Pressed

Now just to get the keyboard backlight to stay on longer than five seconds...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro