PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 05:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

asgard_thor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro questions

I've been using my Touch Pro for awhile now, with the sprint clean up, and I like it. But there is still lag when in TF3D, as for example when I'm at the home screen and I slide to the "text message screen" Takes anywhere from 10seconds for the message to appear

So, I consider a hard reset and trying this one out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470164

1. I'm not sure how to hard reset, and if it removes my contacts, is there a way I can back them up, so I don't have to enter them manually again?

or what would be the best course of action.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Sprint Touch Pro questions

to hard reset, start, settings, system then clear storage. contacts will be lost. please backup. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/ free trial included. sd card will be safe
Old 02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can backup your contacts using PIM Backup (Free) or SPB backup (costs $). I've used both of those programs and they will both restore your contacts so you dont have to enter them one by one. As far as the hard reset goes, I go to Start>Settings>System>Memory>Clear Storage and follow the directions from there.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
VIP Member

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You're quick darren! lol
Old 02-12-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

doc_ee is becoming a great contributor

or if u dont haver any of the backup software..use ur outlook...i like the pimbackup, it works and its free..and if u dont wnat to have lag change ur rom... i like the mighty roms.. they are fast and stable just my .02
Old 02-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I haven't tried that yet, but if you do, please let us know what you think. Many users here have tried the HD version here, which they report is much faster than the version of TF3D that comes stock on the Diamond and Touch Pro.

As for hard reset, hold down the power button, volume down, and the center button on the D-pad. Soft reset with the stylus and follow the directions on the screen.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

asgard_thor is a n00b

I have pimbackup working right now

which mighty roms are you referring to?
I'm also going for a close to all black theme, if those exists for mighty roms, Let me know

well thanks for your guys help, I will be doing a hard reset, after I get a phonecall

btw my name is Darin as well :P
Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member

No problem..Hope everything works out for ya!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ee View Post
or if u dont haver any of the backup software..use ur outlook...
Or use Dashwire, or google sync, or mail2web, or 100000 others that are out there .

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

asgard_thor is a n00b

also says i need to have net cf 3.5 installed ,is that this http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/d...displaylang=en
or please supply link

Last edited by asgard_thor; 02-12-2009 at 06:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro