PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voicemail-Email- to visual voicemail?

I can get my voicemails sent as mp3 in an email. Is there a program or solution to get them into a nice and neat format for view (like visual voice mail)
Old 02-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Re: Voicemail-Email- to visual voicemail?

im taking it by the amount of views and no replies that no such solution exists currently
Old 02-13-2009, 10:44 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well, I visited and I have no idea. I guess you want an app that scans your inbox, finds these email messages, extracts the mp3s and then presents a nice GUI with them. I don't know of anything that does that.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

The service provider for my voice mail is 3rd party already, they have the ability to send me my voicemails as mp3 to my inbox.

What i need is a solution from this point, looks at your inbox for mp3s and puts them in a nice and neat fashion. I get 20+ emails a day for example and dont want my mp3 emails to get missed, I would proably create another email account just for the mp3 voicemails.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:49 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
I would proably create another email account just for the mp3 voicemails.
Sounds like a plan right there. Make yourself a gmail account just for voicemail. Point your voicemail provider to it. Any new messages in there, you know it's voicemail.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

i am going to give it a try, will report back if it is user friendly or not
Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
The service provider for my voice mail is 3rd party already, they have the ability to send me my voicemails as mp3 to my inbox.

What i need is a solution from this point, looks at your inbox for mp3s and puts them in a nice and neat fashion. I get 20+ emails a day for example and dont want my mp3 emails to get missed, I would proably create another email account just for the mp3 voicemails.

Not sure what 3rd party voice mail service you are using, but http://www.youmail.com does send you an email with an MP3 attachment, a txt msg letting you know there is a message along with true caller ID info, and has a mobile friendly web site http://m.youmail.com for a visual voicemail interface with links to the MP3 messages. There is other cool features like custom messages for each caller and call blocking so your phone doesnt even ring.

Best of all it is free.

There are addons that cost money but are not needed to use the service. One such premium feature is to transcribe the voice message to text so you dont have to listen to it and can just read it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

very interesting, going to give this a try TODAY
Old 02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

in watching the demo it talked about hitting some numbers on your phone to forward them to youmail, i remember reading in the visual voicemail thread that forwarding cost money, is this a diffrent type?

(edit)
Just confirmed this when going through the sign up, says sprint charges 20 cents per minute for forwarded calls, what a joke. No other carrier charges do they?

Last edited by gianthobbit; 02-14-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started

I'm on VZW and I'm not seeing any charges. Been using youmail for 3 months now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro