PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 07:25 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1x area, place data session on hold for phone call to come through???

Ages ago, sprint used to have an issue with their 1x network where it would be set to data priority, not voice priority. I mean this is back in '03-'04 timeframe... there was no EVDO, just vision and 1x, and you could not get a call if you were active.

I believe they had to change something on their end to make it voice priority.

(googles...)

Yeah, coming up empty. You might try calling sprint and asking them about "voice priority with 1x service" because that's what you want. What you *have* is data priority.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Ages ago, sprint used to have an issue with their 1x network where it would be set to data priority, not voice priority. I mean this is back in '03-'04 timeframe... there was no EVDO, just vision and 1x, and you could not get a call if you were active.

I believe they had to change something on their end to make it voice priority.

(googles...)

Yeah, coming up empty. You might try calling sprint and asking them about "voice priority with 1x service" because that's what you want. What you *have* is data priority.
I have called them, I talked to multiple people, one who even told me to ask on a forum because you would be more likely to find a solution. I also spoke with executive customer service due to being lied to for the past three years about when EV-DO would be available.

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
Old 02-13-2009, 02:53 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well, all I can tell you is your not insane.

My old vga1000 samsung (back in the 1x/vision days) did this. At some point there may have been a fix, or it has just been so long I am misremembering Sprint issuing a fix to allow for voice priority.

But you're not crazy, on the upside.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It Can't be done. 1x won't allow incoming calls during an active Data session.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

have you tried roaming on another network?

sorry if this post is not allowed
Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolasko View Post
have you tried roaming on another network?

sorry if this post is not allowed
Unfortunately it would not benefit me, Where I live the only company with EV-DO is VZW and they do not allow Sprint customers to roam on their EV-DO. When the Verizon-Altel merger was anounced I had hoped that the stipulation of roaming agreements having to remain in tact would mean that I would be able to roam on the new VZW/Alltel EV-DO network, but I was advised by a VZW rep that this would only be in place where Alltel already had their own EV-DO network. So I guess I'm screwed either way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro