PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaa View Post
hibby mine didn't come with a micro sd card

kazi will outlook automatically put my contacts back in my phone or do I have to do it manually?

thank you all for the welcomes!!!
Welcome to the madness. If you didn't get cards with your phones, contact the store where you bought them and see why not! Also, look carefully through all your packing materials. The cards are small and there are a lot of things in the box with your phone. I overlooked mine when I got my TP and was about to go back to the store, when I found it.

You may want to try PIM Backup. Its a free program that will back up your contacts automatically on a set schedule and allow you to restore them in case of a hard reset. I have mine set to backup to my card every night. That way if you ever have to hard reset your phone or if you lose it, your contacts will all be stored.

http://www.dotfred.net/default.htm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
hibby mine didn't come with a micro sd card

kazi will outlook automatically put my contacts back in my phone or do I have to do it manually?

thank you all for the welcomes!!!
Hmmm... did you get a brand-new-in-the-box one? There's a 1GB card in the packaging, inside a small plastic case. They don't supply the SD adapter anymore, but it should be there. Mine was pinched against the side of the box, so tear it apart if need be. You could also try looking in the software bag. While you're in there, grab your screen protector (it's in there, and it's a decent one. They just don't tell you where to find it). Once you find your card, use PIMBackup to keep all of your contacts, messages and even call logs. GOOD LUCK!
Edit: UGH!!! dtndvm beat me to it. But I gave you the file, at least. lol
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPCPimBackupV2.8_wm2005.zip (168.9 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO. Coming from Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

Garwood71 is just getting started

Hello and welcome fellow southerner. Aug.,Ga. born and bred. What the fudge? ATT didnt include a SD card. That's some crap. HTC has a free backup program you can dl. Meanwhile on the SD card issue, is that standard for those peeps not to include 1 ? If that's the case break out the bank and get you and the hub a 16gb card each for Valentines Day gift. Peace.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: ALLTEL
Threadstarter

lalaa is a n00b

Yea i got a new in the box phone. I dont see it. Im just going to order one. I looked in walmart for one but they only had 4gb. Im going to try to get a 16gb card.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800,PPC 6900, Sprint TP
Carrier: TP + Sprint employee plan ($25) = AWWWW DAAAAMN!!!

KaziWingX is a n00b

Quote:
yea, when you use activesync to connect your phone, it'll automatically do it for you. just make sure you check the box marked "contacts"....
“Aspire to be like Mt. Fuji, with such a broad and solid foundation that the strongest earthquake cannot move you, and so tall that the greatest enterprises of common men seem insignificant from your lofty perspective. With your mind as high as Mt Fuji you can see all things clearly. And you can see all the forces that shape events; not just the things happening near to you.”

--Miamoto Musashi
Old 02-14-2009, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

funbobnopants is keeping up the good workfunbobnopants is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to funbobnopants

Welcome, download a program called dashwire, go to dashwire.com on the internet, after you sync your phone all contacts will be stored on your own secured web site and can be redownload to your phone after a hard reset by reinstalling the program and syncing the phone again. It even restores the pictures in contacts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro