PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

claviertekky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro screen won't stop spazzing. Constantly switches landscape/vertical

I have a Sprint Touch Pro that sometimes when it's just lying flat on a table, it'll turn on and then the screen will start spazzing like it went to landscape mode and back and again.

Is there a way to stop this?
Old 08-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro screen won't stop spazzing. Constantly switches landscape/vertical

What manila and/or rom are you running? Also, are you running Gyrator (G-Sensor app)?
Old 08-29-2009, 12:42 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

claviertekky is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro screen won't stop spazzing. Constantly switches landscape/vertical

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronvlee View Post
What manila and/or rom are you running? Also, are you running Gyrator (G-Sensor app)?
I don't use Manila since I don't like it.

I was running MightyRom6 when it started happening. I'm now running the 23037 build from Black Dragon Titanium.

I saw the G-sensor app in mighty under settings and hit calibrate to see if the problem would go away. It still doesn't. Now, I'm experiencing the same effect in the Black Dragon Titanium ROM.

Is there something I can do?

Last edited by claviertekky; 08-29-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

aaronvlee is keeping up the good workaaronvlee is keeping up the good work

so it's doing the exact same thing on a totally different rom? Even after the gsensor calibration?

Also...to tell if it's the g-sensor itself, install Kinoma Freeplay (reacts whthere keyboard is in or out), open the keyboard, and set it on the table. if it moves, either you're "Interdeterment" calibration is off (which I don't know how to fix) your accelorometer (hardware requiring a replacement) is shot. I can look into the "interdeterment" adjusting if you need...tell me what happens with the kinoma thing.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Any other problems with the display besides landscape/portrait swapping? Do the screens ever overlap or skew together?
Old 08-29-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do a backup and try a hard reset. if that doesnt work there is a hardware issue and time to call sprint.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

claviertekky is a n00b

After tinkering around with it, I think it may have to do something with the keyboard.

Do the copper clips in the back do anything to tell the touch pro that the keyboard is in or out?
Old 08-29-2009, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work

copper clips under the battery? no those dont

ive seen issues when people are a lil too rough with the sliding mech..the phone thinks the keyboard is open when its not...

slide your keyboard out and do a "wiggle test"

see how much give it has...normally the caps and fn buttons wouldnt be covered...if you cant see any part of any of those 2 indicators your slide is probably fubar'd and id reflash back to stock, relock and take it to a repair center or sprint store for repair or replacement...hopefully you have TEP

good luck and be easy on the slide...
Old 08-29-2009, 01:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

claviertekky is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastpoet View Post
copper clips under the battery? no those dont

ive seen issues when people are a lil too rough with the sliding mech..the phone thinks the keyboard is open when its not...

slide your keyboard out and do a "wiggle test"

see how much give it has...normally the caps and fn buttons wouldnt be covered...if you cant see any part of any of those 2 indicators your slide is probably fubar'd and id reflash back to stock, relock and take it to a repair center or sprint store for repair or replacement...hopefully you have TEP

good luck and be easy on the slide...
I meant the clips that when you phone slides out. There are those two copper clips that go with the sliding rail that tell if the keyboard is out.

I have concluded it is those clips that tell it if the keyboard is slid out. Unfortunately, I bought this phone refurbished from eBay, and I did obtain SquareTrade warranty.

I think at this point, I'll wait until October 1st (that's when the square trade warranty begins) and receive the full $200 refund that I paid for it.

At that point, I can decide if I want a touch pro 2 or the htc hero (I really hope either of these phones are compatible with SERO), or if I have to settle with a non-smart phone.

Sigh. I feared about the Touch Pro problems before I got one, and they came true. In fact, I already heard shoddy things about HTC phones before I got one. Will the HTC TP2 or Hero be better in hardware quality?
Old 08-29-2009, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work

well since you have sprint...just make sure whatever you get

GET TEP

it will make your life infinitely easier...

and the TP has as many problems as any other PDA in my opinion...

i cant speak on the TP2 or the hero but from my understanding the TP hardware is pretty much the same as the TP...

htc did do a quiet hardware refresh on the phone thats seemed to have fixed the issues...

but i can assure you when the tp and the hero get released they will have some sort of hw/sw bug

they ALWAYS do for ANY carrier

crazy exploding iphones, fubar'd storm touch screens, crazy keyboards etc etc just a part of the game

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro