PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Commercial for ATT Fuze

I love Heroes. Also, if you watch 24, every phone is a sprint phone. A couple years ago, the lady who was married to the CTU chief had a Samsung A920. The other night, I saw somebody using a Mogul. But they make sure that the sprint logo gets out there.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

Taishar is keeping up the good workTaishar is keeping up the good work

In the first season of Heroes, they were all using Sprint branded Samsung M510s... my girlfriend loves hers and noticed right away.

How can phone companies not make a profit on HTC devices ? If you buy one without contract discounts, they charge you full MSRP. There's no way in hell Sprint is paying that much for the device from HTC. I doubt they're even paying the "New customer" price.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Big Heroes fan here too. I totally saw the Diamond being used as well, but they didn't show it off too well. The most you saw was the backside of the phone and the fake sound effects they threw in (unless, perhaps, Senator Petrelli was using a custom sound package? ).

If anyone here watches Fringe, they were using the AT&T video share feature in last week's episode. The advertising was about as obvious as Heroes' Nissan product placement.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumanderelict View Post
Big Heroes fan here too. I totally saw the Diamond being used as well, but they didn't show it off too well. The most you saw was the backside of the phone and the fake sound effects they threw in (unless, perhaps, Senator Petrelli was using a custom sound package? ).

If anyone here watches Fringe, they were using the AT&T video share feature in last week's episode. The advertising was about as obvious as Heroes' Nissan product placement.
God bless product placement, its the future of advertising. I just wish they were less obnoxious about it sometimes. That Nissan Versa was seriously in your face for Heroes.

I remember in one of the episodes of 24 they used TCPMP, not exactly product placement, but a humorous tidbit nonetheless.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

peerless is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
Well technically, the Fuze is exclusive to AT&T. I saw a couple of spots for the fuze last night, and they were actually quite good. I want video share, lol.
IT's kind of misleading, they need to advertise THAT model as being exclusive to ATT. It's called truth in advertising.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.
Threadstarter

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Speaking of commercias, do yourself a favor and check out www.yellowbook.com/tv and enjoy. Mods, feel free tom ove this thread to the off topic forum now. And Chuck has more product plaement than any other show I've seen. But I agree that Heroes is the most blatant. "Claire, what did I tell you about using unlimited text messaging for only $20 for all lines on you Sprint Samsung Instinct which was only 49.95 with a two year contract and mail in rebate while driving the 0% financing, $1500 cash back Nissan Rogue?"

Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
just as an FYI in NBC's Heroes I saw them using sprint Diamonds and a touch pro, (palm centro too I think) or two. so they are advertising it, just is more discrete ways.
It was Clair, she was using the Pink Centro. I also say a BB Curve this season and a Katana DLX last season
PHONE HISTORY: Sony Ericsson T61c> LG VX7000 (Charging Port Broke)>LG vx8500 (Chocolate) X5 (Phone was a piece of ****)> LG vx8600> Samsung u740 (I don't even remember by now)> Samsung u740 (No service)> Samsung u740 (10 Dropped calls daily) (Goodbye Verizon) > PPC6800 Mogul)>Moto Q9c> PPC6800 Mogul > PPC6850 Touch Pro (Plus a PPC6900 just for fun)

Last edited by JoeBobOneHalf; 02-12-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

There was also a HTC touch (Vogue) in the new movie Eagle eye, though they did the "hollywood exagerated UI" which still looked pretty cool.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch/Touch Pro

avgas is keeping up the good workavgas is keeping up the good work

"exclusively on AT&T" and "The fastest 3G network"

give me a break
Old 02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by peerless View Post
IT's kind of misleading, they need to advertise THAT model as being exclusive to ATT. It's called truth in advertising.
Exactly!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro