PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

ATT-Half is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint HTC having LCD or video signal problems

Hello

everyone i been having issues with my phone lately. I had it since about Nov 24
Quote:
when i return my iphone
everything worked great until 2 days ago i notice that when i press the power button that normally turns on the screen had no effect.

naturally i though i had somehow powered the phone off but after further testing look like something going on with graphic chip or connections.

the problems is it shows up randomly but it's getting less random every time
Quote:
probably cause i now check on it every so often to see if it's still there
but i can see the lcd does come on because of the change of color black to greysh black and if your turn it sideways u can see the white back light on the edges which means the back light is working the lcd my not be getting signal from the phone it usually takes 4 - 6 + hits/tabs on the power button to make the WM deskop/GUI show up but after it shows up it doesn't happen again until to the phone screen goes to sleep and it's been sleep for a while and even then it sometimes happens and other times it just works normally and twice during my testing after doing the 4-6 tabs on the power button after the screen wouldn't come on the picture will be back but a dark purple color and then another tab on power will fix it.

removing the battery and reset haven't worked

I was thinking of taking it to the sprint store to get a replacement, i do have it insured but i was wondering they do have a 1 year warranty on them correct or do they right away try to hit the insurance co ?

hopefully my phone cooperates cause don't want to hit the sprint store and have it work for them perfectly and when i get home the issue is back.

in case anyone is wondering date behind the battery cover = DT08.10.24
Rom date =09/12/08
Rom ver = 1.03.651.3
radio ver= 1.03.15F

also wondering if this has anything to do with WMWifiRouter before this issue hit or i was aware of it my cable line when down and i had to used it as USB modem for 3 days not 24/7 but that program is very heavy on battery and heat issues.

aside from LCD everything else working as expected

is there a hidden setting to fix this issue?
Old 02-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: sprint HTC having LCD or video signal problems

Definitely take it in. If it's within the 1 year warrenty, your in the clear. IF sprint won't do anything for you, a simple phone call to customer service and asking for a supervisor will take care of it. For the most part, most people get they're phone replaced relatively easy.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2
Carrier: Sprint

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Mine does the same thing. Usually after sitting all night on the charger. However a soft reset usually resolves the issue. Ive had my TP for three weeks now. Within 48 hours of having it I had to go to the store to get the screen replaced. It just stopped responding to touch input. Thinking it was my rom I reflashed, hard reset, etc. It is nice to have a friend at the sprint store.....

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 02-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff

happened to mine also...had to take it in and get it sent out...ive been hearing that this is happening to a good amount of people...take it in and let them fix under warranty!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Yeah, I just got my replacement today. I was wondering if it had something to do with rom that I had loaded but I don't think it does. My homie has the same phone and problem and never touched his stock rom.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ATT-Half is a n00b

Well today i when to sprint store i waited for my turn it was full
i explain the issue to one of there workers he said ok he goes in the back room where all repairs happen and after 10 minutes his back with the black HTC theme LOL oh my god ****ing moron.

he may have thought i wanted the wallpaper black i don't know.

next one i try to explain again well he goes back in after a while he returns with my phone and tells me i had a peace of paper stuck in the on and off button and tells me the there's always a
(delay that happens when u turn it on i said yeah i know that but that's not the problem.)

I guess they never had this issue before and they just trying to lie to there costumer to get them out the door.

Oh yeah and the phone didn't play ball it worked perfectly the time i was at the store
Quote:
30 minutes before i got to the store i couldn't pick up a call because the LCD wouldn't respond / no windows GUI it did come on & the hardware buttons didn't work because the windows GUI was not showing in the screen.
I'm going to try to call in a little while see if i have better luck other wise im going to report it stolen my last hope.

I did try my best when crazy with the power button on, off, on ,off to make it show up while i was at the parking lot but nothing on my way home as i was exiting route 46 and entering route 80 the had placed the phone on the passenger side for about 5-10 minutes without bothering i grab it and son of B the issue appears and i had a u turn very close as i was trying to make sure it stay like that i press on and off 4 times to test (LCD back light) only worked as reported on 1st post and then boom back to normal on the 5th tab of the button i said to my self f it am going home.

I'm going to defenely call I'll either tell them i lost my phone and let insurance take care of it or just flat out tell them my lcd is not working & that i broke my leg with no transportation available to make it to the nearest store and that they will have to send it by mail. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo

havoc911 is a n00b

Ok poplez. I,ve had it with my phone. My official opinion about the HTC..... IT SUCKS! The slide sucks, The way it opens sucks, It's made for leftys, Stock gps sucks, volume sucks, the phone making unwanted calls sucks, Stock headphones suck... try sitting on a poker session with this headphones on, you will go on tilt..Ha!... sure miss my 6800

Some one said iphone and att contract is up and iphone will be open for all carriers...How true is this???? Anyone././
Old 02-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ATT-Half is a n00b

well it's done that was easy.
I guess this type of issue is better to call then to have to deal with the sprint store (where you have to proof the issue to them ) & well it may also help when the phone cooperates.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro