PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyway to organize Contact list? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57347)

loren646 02-11-2009 10:51 PM

Anyway to organize Contact list?

I want to organize my contact list into groups. Where if I want I can only view them. Like maybe in folders?

Geekcop 02-11-2009 11:09 PM

Re: Anyway to organize Contact list?

You posted this in the TP forum, so Im assuming that's what you're using. Pocket Breeze will do this. Check over @ www.sbsh.net to see if this will run on your device

flipper2008 02-12-2009 01:35 AM

I never used Pocket Breeze, but if I understood correctly, he wanted to get the contacts into groups aned I found in Outlook 2007 (not sure if its in 2003 etc) but the 4 color icon on the ribbon works excellent and EASY. It activesynced in seconds from changing it in my outlook and now I have Friends, Medical, Business, etc.. All different groups.. Not sure if this is what he meant.

loren646 02-13-2009 02:59 PM

I'm trying to mass text certain people.

Like what I currently do is separate people like

AJoe
AMegan
ATom
Courtney
Edward
FSarah
FSteve
FJacob
Linda
ZTyler
ZKevin
ZFrank

This is so I can quickly select all "A" (AJoe, AMegan, ATom) and message them. They could all be friends for a party. This way I don't have to go through my massive contact list (500+).

All Fs are employees. I need to send them something I can send all Zs one message and they are all grouped together.

All Zs are acquaintances. And I do not want to send these people a text message ever. But I still want them on my phone.

I want something so I dont have to type a letter in front cause I end up having some problems. Like mixed in my Fs. I'll get a regular Frank. Plus it's hard memorizing what letter is in front of each user. Some people I want two letters in front (like F and A) and it gets really confusing. And I have to change all As to AAA because I'll get people like Aaron (which is how to spell the name and I don't want this person mixed in with Friends).

flipper2008 02-13-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loren646 (Post 711475)
I'm trying to mass text certain people.

Like what I currently do is separate people like

AJoe
AMegan
ATom
Courtney
Edward
FSarah
FSteve
FJacob
Linda
ZTyler
ZKevin
ZFrank

This is so I can quickly select all "A" (AJoe, AMegan, ATom) and message them. They could all be friends for a party. This way I don't have to go through my massive contact list (500+).

All Fs are employees. I need to send them something I can send all Zs one message and they are all grouped together.

All Zs are acquaintances. And I do not want to send these people a text message ever. But I still want them on my phone.

I want something so I dont have to type a letter in front cause I end up having some problems. Like mixed in my Fs. I'll get a regular Frank. Plus it's hard memorizing what letter is in front of each user. Some people I want two letters in front (like F and A) and it gets really confusing. And I have to change all As to AAA because I'll get people like Aaron (which is how to spell the name and I don't want this person mixed in with Friends).

I really don't use messenging much on phone so i dont know how that is. But if you can locate a copy of outlook 2007, take a look at Categories, it works great on my phone for seperating people into groups, so i have an idea it should do what you want.

loren646 02-13-2009 06:13 PM

i'll try it.

loren646 02-18-2009 09:08 PM

Okay, i went out and bought outlook 2007. I installed it and have categorized it by color. Why don't i see it like that on my HTC touch pro? It's useless having it only in my laptop and not when I'm on the go.