PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 01:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

krushmoto is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet sharing fix causes my computer to crash

I dl'd the internet sharing fix and now it causes my computer at work (XP Pro) to crash. Activesync is NOT a problem. Only when I connect to internet sharing it inexplicably causes my work computer to crash. Can't figure it out.
But for some reason my personal laptop running Vista is fine. I can get online and everything.
Oh BTW my co-worker who has the TP2 installed the same fix and his computer running W2K is fine. Go figure.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Internet sharing fix causes my computer to crash

Upgrade to xp, I didnt know people still used 2K...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 11-13-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushmoto View Post
I dl'd the internet sharing fix and now it causes my computer at work (XP Pro) to crash. Activesync is NOT a problem. Only when I connect to internet sharing it inexplicably causes my work computer to crash. Can't figure it out.
But for some reason my personal laptop running Vista is fine. I can get online and everything.
Oh BTW my co-worker who has the TP2 installed the same fix and his computer running W2K is fine. Go figure.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
If by crash, you meant blue screen, reboot, or hang, it is likely a driver problem or virus. However with so few details it could be a myriad of problems. I'd just start there.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i suggest running "combofix" from bleppingcomputer on your pc and try again.... not alot of things cause complete system failure like your saying... sounds more like a malware issue..
Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

krushmoto is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Upgrade to xp, I didnt know people still used 2K...
Tell me about it. IT just recently started but then you have people like me that had the connections at IT install XP on my pc.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

krushmoto is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
If by crash, you meant blue screen, reboot, or hang, it is likely a driver problem or virus. However with so few details it could be a myriad of problems. I'd just start there.
Sorry, by crash I mean reboot. I'm starting to think it's TP I and the fix that's the cause. Before I installed the fix I did the registry change and it worked fine then after installing the fix I've had this problem since. Tried half the computers at work and all have the same problem but on my laptop it works fine. Go figure.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:23 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ive been tethering since way b4 i signed up here, ive used most of the fixes,hacks,mods for tethering to keep my thread current... never really seen anyone having the same issue you are..

re-do it all
Old 11-14-2009, 04:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

krushmoto is a n00b

Actually I've been using my phone as a modem for years but for some reason this is the first time I've had this problem as well. Funny thing is I originally used the registry hack to get it to work and just installed the fix for no particular reason. But anyway i got a new phone from sprint since mine was heating up for no reason so hopefully this problem goes away.
Thanks to everyone.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushmoto View Post
Sorry, by crash I mean reboot. I'm starting to think it's TP I and the fix that's the cause. Before I installed the fix I did the registry change and it worked fine then after installing the fix I've had this problem since. Tried half the computers at work and all have the same problem but on my laptop it works fine. Go figure.
Put it this way, the internet sharing fix you are talking about doesn't change the Phone to PC side of the communication, it changes how the Phone communicates with the cell network.

Thus your problem is not with the "fix" per se, but rather with ICS connecting to your PC. It might seem like the fix caused the problem, but that is probably because you were prevented from doing a full complete connection to ICS prior to the fix.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i don't know what others have probs wit, but norten killed out. called norten to see what happened, but after i unplugged the phone, norten cam back on. would like to know the regedit so i could try that over the cab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro