PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Xellios is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gotta love Sprint TEP.

So I've had the Sprint Total Equipment Protection for quite some time now. I originally had a Palm Centro that got screwed up when I was working. I have yet to file a claim on it, and sort of put it away for a while.

In the meantime a buddy of mine gave me his old ppc 6700 because he had just gotten the iphone. Ive used it for a while, but its annoying because the battery is shot. I've also dropped the phone and the little click wheel in the middle is shot now. While researching for batteries online a buddy of mine who works for Sprint told me to go to a Repair center and see what they can do. They offered to do an "Advance exchange" for a refurb 6700 and I was on my way.

Not even 2 days later, I was driving in my car, phone in pocket when it rang.. when I answered the phone i noticed the screen had cracked like a cobweb. I went back to the store, and they told me they had to do an insurance claim on it for a $50 deposit, but they didnt have any more 6700s so they would be sending me a Mogul! I was extatic. The Mogul arrived 2 days later. (Yesterday)

Fast foward to Today. I'd not had the phone 24 hours when I realized the Wifi switch was not working and the wifi was constantly turning itself on resulting in massive battery drain.

I called the insurance company this afternoon and long story short, They are express shipping me a Touch Pro!

I'm so excited, and I cannot wait. This phone along with my new Everything Data plan is going to make me quite the happy camper. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!
Old 02-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
Re: Gotta love Sprint TEP.

the TEP replacement is going up to $100 for the smartphones
Old 02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Xellios is a n00b

Hmm.. I guess I squeaked right by then.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

prolly from the loss they incurred switching ppl from the moguls to the TP's.

you know when it's goin up to $100? do we get "grandfathered" in at the rate of $50, that is what we agreed to when we signed up...

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 02-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

U dont get grandfathered ... as insurance is add-on. You can either accept it or cancel your insurance coverage.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestjudge View Post
U dont get grandfathered ... as insurance is add-on. You can either accept it or cancel your insurance coverage.
okay... how bout the when?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work

Unlimited text messaging is an add-on too. If they start charging $50 per month for it, I'll still get it at the $15 per month I'm paying. Unless I get something in the mail from Sprint about the TEP deductible increasing (which I haven't yet) I better be paying $50 should the need arise to use it.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Xellios is a n00b

No one likes my story?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
okay... how bout the when?
april 19 2009 12:01am
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
Unlimited text messaging is an add-on too. If they start charging $50 per month for it, I'll still get it at the $15 per month I'm paying. Unless I get something in the mail from Sprint about the TEP deductible increasing (which I haven't yet) I better be paying $50 should the need arise to use it.
I got it in the mail and so will you.
And yes if sprint send you note that they want you to pay instead of 15 for unlimited messages 50. you will either pay 50 or have no messages!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro