PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Gotta love Sprint TEP. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57320)

Xellios 02-11-2009 07:40 PM

Gotta love Sprint TEP.

So I've had the Sprint Total Equipment Protection for quite some time now. I originally had a Palm Centro that got screwed up when I was working. I have yet to file a claim on it, and sort of put it away for a while.

In the meantime a buddy of mine gave me his old ppc 6700 because he had just gotten the iphone. Ive used it for a while, but its annoying because the battery is shot. I've also dropped the phone and the little click wheel in the middle is shot now. While researching for batteries online a buddy of mine who works for Sprint told me to go to a Repair center and see what they can do. They offered to do an "Advance exchange" for a refurb 6700 and I was on my way.

Not even 2 days later, I was driving in my car, phone in pocket when it rang.. when I answered the phone i noticed the screen had cracked like a cobweb. I went back to the store, and they told me they had to do an insurance claim on it for a $50 deposit, but they didnt have any more 6700s so they would be sending me a Mogul! I was extatic. The Mogul arrived 2 days later. (Yesterday)

Fast foward to Today. I'd not had the phone 24 hours when I realized the Wifi switch was not working and the wifi was constantly turning itself on resulting in massive battery drain.

I called the insurance company this afternoon and long story short, They are express shipping me a Touch Pro!

I'm so excited, and I cannot wait. This phone along with my new Everything Data plan is going to make me quite the happy camper. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

Phreddo 02-11-2009 07:53 PM

Re: Gotta love Sprint TEP.

the TEP replacement is going up to $100 for the smartphones
:(

Xellios 02-11-2009 07:56 PM

Hmm.. I guess I squeaked right by then.

No1ustad 02-11-2009 07:58 PM

prolly from the loss they incurred switching ppl from the moguls to the TP's.

you know when it's goin up to $100? do we get "grandfathered" in at the rate of $50, that is what we agreed to when we signed up...

bestjudge 02-11-2009 08:02 PM

U dont get grandfathered ... as insurance is add-on. You can either accept it or cancel your insurance coverage.

No1ustad 02-11-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestjudge (Post 707461)
U dont get grandfathered ... as insurance is add-on. You can either accept it or cancel your insurance coverage.

okay... how bout the when?

BigDinCA 02-11-2009 08:09 PM

Unlimited text messaging is an add-on too. If they start charging $50 per month for it, I'll still get it at the $15 per month I'm paying. Unless I get something in the mail from Sprint about the TEP deductible increasing (which I haven't yet) I better be paying $50 should the need arise to use it.

Xellios 02-11-2009 08:10 PM

No one likes my story? :-({|=

:mrgreen:

bestjudge 02-11-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 707469)
okay... how bout the when?

april 19 2009 12:01am

bestjudge 02-11-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDinCA (Post 707473)
Unlimited text messaging is an add-on too. If they start charging $50 per month for it, I'll still get it at the $15 per month I'm paying. Unless I get something in the mail from Sprint about the TEP deductible increasing (which I haven't yet) I better be paying $50 should the need arise to use it.

I got it in the mail and so will you.
And yes if sprint send you note that they want you to pay instead of 15 for unlimited messages 50. you will either pay 50 or have no messages!