PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well Crap.....

So for some reason, out of the blue, my phone decides it doen't wan't to communicate with the PC anymore. When I plug in the usb, my phone does the connect to active sync or disk drive screen, and whichever I choose, my PC shows nothing. Tried deleting partnership, and then plugging back in, still nothing. Tried reseting phone, nothing. Tried reseting computer, nothing. SO now I'm doing a hard reset. God Damnnit.

All this was after installing TCPMP. I tried to start it up, got an error. Went to remove programs and removed it. Then when I reset my phone, got stuck in some weird bootloader screen that said "security unlocked" at the top. Anyone else had this happen. Stock sprint ROM btw.

F*ck me, right?

Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Well Crap.....

Well after moving the usb cord up and down a little in the phone, I heard a click and it will now connect to both computers and sync.

But.....the stereo headphones symbol is on and phone acts like headphones are connected. Believe I gots me a bad usb port. Goin to take it in tomorrow.

Anyone else have the headphone pop up when you connect your phone to computer?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:10 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)
Carrier: Sprint

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

I had an issue with my Diamond and my Vista machine, only thing I had to do was a reboot.

Are you using the stock USB cable, or another MicroUSB?
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
I had an issue with my Diamond and my Vista machine, only thing I had to do was a reboot.

Are you using the stock USB cable, or another MicroUSB?
Tried stock, 3 others, 2 computers, reboot, uninstall WMDC and reinstall. Somethings gotta be up in the USB port on the TP i believe. Gonna call Asurion and have them send me a new one since I'm still in 30 days.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:49 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

That's a good idea...

Was this one from Asurion?
And that means, it's a refurb, so it could be fu bared.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Well after moving the usb cord up and down a little in the phone, I heard a click and it will now connect to both computers and sync.

But.....the stereo headphones symbol is on and phone acts like headphones are connected. Believe I gots me a bad usb port. Goin to take it in tomorrow.

Anyone else have the headphone pop up when you connect your phone to computer?
Definitely sounds fubared in one way or another. Check the pins on both your USB wire and the USB slots of your phone and computer. Also try swapping out the wires for another miniUSB.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdesola is just getting started

I have the same issue but only on one computer, at work. I used to be able to transfer files and sync and all but now I can only charge. The computer refuses to recognize that my TP is plugged in. It works on all other computers.

Weird stuff.

Buildin' my rep...
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

I had the same thing happen on my Mogul. Inside the usb connection on the phone is a little black plastic tab that keeps the contact points lined up correctly. Mine had a piece broken off of it (probably from jamming my stylus in while trying to reset the phone in a dark car at 70+ mph and missing the reset button). Because it was damaged the contacts no longer lined up correctly and I had to wiggle the usb connector to get it to connect. I returned it and Sprint agreed that HTC used a piece of plastic that should not have broken. The rep got a new Mogul out of a box and replaced it in store...I was shocked but happy
Old 02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
That's a good idea...

Was this one from Asurion?
And that means, it's a refurb, so it could be fu bared.
It was from Asurion, but was brand new, no refurb, so I'll make sure the replacement is as well.

Thanks for the help fellas!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I have the same issue but only on one computer, at work. I used to be able to transfer files and sync and all but now I can only charge. The computer refuses to recognize that my TP is plugged in. It works on all other computers.
no clue how your company does their networking but i had a work around for this unplug all external ethernet cables and turn comp off plug in phone and tunr back on let it boot and check under my computer to see if it is there

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro