PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Touch/Centro

chilliwilli is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchange server security removal?

Ok so I decided to setup my companies email account on my personal TP. of course it sets in all these nice little security provisions: 5 min inactivity, strong cipher password, and encrypts the storage card. so I say forget it and remove the companies account from my personal TP and of course the sercurity settings stay. I read all over on here of reg hacks to remove the security but does anyone know if I just completely hard reset my TP will all that security junk disappear?

Man was this stupid to do!

Sorry I forgot to mention our exchange server admin gave me the account so of course he was the one who added all the security junk. I dont mind a hard reset I just want to get rid of my companies email account and all its dumb sercurity

Last edited by chilliwilli; 02-11-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: Exchange server security removal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilliwilli View Post
Ok so I decided to setup my companies email account on my personal TP. of course it sets in all these nice little security provisions: 5 min inactivity, strong cipher password, and encrypts the storage card. so I say forget it and remove the companies account from my personal TP and of course the sercurity settings stay. I read all over on here of reg hacks to remove the security but does anyone know if I just completely hard reset my TP will all that security junk disappear?

Man was this stupid to do!

Sorry I forgot to mention our exchange server admin gave me the account so of course he was the one who added all the security junk. I dont mind a hard reset I just want to get rid of my companies email account and all its dumb sercurity
yes a hard reset will definitley do it.

First tho...try going into ActiveSync on the phone. Choose Menu >> Options. With Microsoft Exchange highlighted, click delete. That should delete the entire thing, I think.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Touch/Centro
Threadstarter

chilliwilli is a n00b

Thats the first thing I did however it did remove the email account but kept all the security in place and Its grayed out so i cant even go in and change it manually!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

this should work: http://www.ppcmobility.com/forums/sh...hange+security

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro