PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: Major SMS problem

I second Matt's suggestions. I, too, have had the late TXTs and on rare occasion a call not coming thru and that has followed me thru my entire phone history (MotoQ, then Mogul, now Touch Pro). If you're having problems with both TXT and incoming calls, there may be a legitimate issue with the phone. Have you flashed any ROMs or Radio updates at all? If not, you may very well want to take it to a sprint store w/ a repair center that can test to see if your phone is sending/receiving signal correctly. If you have flashed a ROM or Radio, you may want to flash back to stock just to make sure.

Last edited by abrigham; 02-11-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spell check is your friend :)
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

woooo got sprint on the phone now with the tech all he says is hard reset my phone has to be my phone

sprint guy "to hard reset use vol down power button and hit the soft reset button"
Me "that takes you to the boot loader screen"
sprint "whats the boot loader?"

SERIOUSLY HE IS A TECH?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
woooo got sprint on the phone now with the tech all he says is hard reset my phone has to be my phone

sprint guy "to hard reset use vol down power button and hit the soft reset button"
Me "that takes you to the boot loader screen"
sprint "whats the boot loader?"

SERIOUSLY HE IS A TECH?
sounds like a tier 1 tech just following a script... you should request tier 2 support... lol
Old 02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

UPDATE:

SO sprint had me hard reset then the phone wouldnt auto program so he reset my whole account on his side my phone still wont auto program and now i had to manually program and that still didnt fix the problem no incoming calls will work and now i can only make outgoing calls THANKS SPRINT
Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
sounds like a tier 1 tech just following a script... you should request tier 2 support... lol
it was tier two the 3rd person to call me today
Old 02-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

sa619 is a n00b

Have you tried going to phone, options, services, roaming options...set to automatic. If you did the registry edit to get mode of operation, set it back to hybrid. I got the same problems when I changed both. They went away when I changed them back.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

icecool742 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to icecool742

at least you get them! I had ATT and fkrs blocked mms and such and really delaied ! text hit and miss.. one there next one not..

I did notice with my tp msgs starting coming in after I make call ..
Old 02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Update: had to go get a bran new TP no clue why that one died but after they reset everything the phone wouldnt auto program itself
Old 02-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelator03 View Post
Update: had to go get a bran new TP no clue why that one died but after they reset everything the phone wouldnt auto program itself
NO new phone is going to help. As you've read thru most of these posts, this is a known issue. Calling them is not going to help, otherwise we would've said call them. This is a known issue and acually its just the sprint network. When you get you're new phone it will just be the placebo affect, but a couple days later you will notice that some messages do not come in right away, there is nothing you or the sprint tech support can do, trust me i use to work for them a little less then a year ago. YOu calling them and having them trouble shoot is just wasting your time and theres.

on a side note, all you have to do is go to update profile and your phone will program itself.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thanks for your positive attitude first off i did the update profile and the phone wouldnt update the tech said he couldnt even see it on the network if you had read my post i called myself bout 20 times with NO!!!!!!!!! calls ringing through my phone might literally have had a problem and it was not working correctly thanks for tell me it a placebo effect and being so sure you know what your talking about apprecaite ya

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro